Jose Reyes And Josh Johnson Traded From Marlins To The Blue Jays

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

The Miami Marlins and Toronto Blue Jays have agreed to a multiple-player trade that would send shortstop Jose Reyes and pitcher Josh Johnson to Toronto, sources told ESPN.

Also going to Toronto would be pitcher Mark Buehrle, catcher John Buck and infielder-outfielder Emilio Bonifacio.

"Just about any (Marlins) player making money is going to Toronto," a source told ESPN.

Toronto is still without a manager after the Boston Red Sox hired John Farrell.

"It's a good day to be bluejay!" a tweet from Toronto's Jose Bautista read.

While Bautista was elated with the proposed trade, Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton voiced his frustration via Twitter.

"Alright, I'm pissed off!!! Plain & Simple," Stanton tweeted.

Source: ESPN

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

hahahaha - now lets hear more lame excuses as to how this team has no fans.

great investment pouring that money into that stadium. :laughy32:

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

At least it's not the Yankees Mets or Red Sox.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

still a damn joke that the marlins even got a new stadium. the team shouldve been moved to a better city with a better fanbase or better yet dismantle the franchise altogether.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

So what NL team should I root for now guys? This was the last straw and the fact Selig continues to let a con artist run the team amazes me.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Root for the best, ofc. Welcome to SF, mj.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I do like Cain.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

i feel bad for good fans like you mj. but how does this happen ?

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It's because Loria is a criminal and continues to con people out of money, but Selig doesn't care. He only cares about teams that are big market teams. Loria is under investigation for numerous white collar crimes, including bribery, but Selig has no balls to take the team away like he did with the Dodgers.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Loria hustled them for it. Got them all hyped up, went out and "spent" a bunch of money on some splashy big names, got ugly new unis, convinced the public to fund his new stadium, got them to go out and buy gobs of new merch to support the "new" team, buy tickets to the flashy new stadium, put many millions of dollars in his pockets just this year alone...convinced them it was a new day in Miami baseball...then dropped the hammer. All the contracts were backloaded as heck so he got out of them for relative peanuts. Now back to business as usual. Run a bunch of nobodies out there and make profit, who gives a heck if they win or not. Dude doesnt give a crap about that.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

selig is the all-time worst commish in any sport. he really is.

12. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I don't think this statement could have ever been any truer. This guy is atrocious. If this was the first time Loria did this it might be worth a "my bad" from Bud but he did it after 2003 and 2007. Selig let's McCourt and the Wilpons run large market teams into the ground. The thing that boggles my mind is how owners are okay with Jeff Loria but would HATE the idea of Mark Cuban owning a team.

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Some food for thought. Here's the opening day roster from this past season:
    3B Hanley Ramirez Dodgers
    RP Randy Choate Dodgers
    RP Edward Mujica Cardinals
    1B Gaby Sanchez Pirates
    SP Anibal Sanchez Tigers
    2B Omar Infante Tigers
    RP Heath Bell Diamondbacks
    SS Jose Reyes Blue Jays
    SP Josh Johnson Blue Jays
    SP Mark Buehrle Blue Jays
    C John Buck Blue Jays
    CF Emilio Bonifacio Blue Jays

14. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I dont see why they would do something like this. i guess they wanna start from scratch

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Oh young one. In 2003 Loria had a team of all stars, won the world series and then traded everyone. In 2007 they had a TON of talent, won the World Series and then traded everyone. In 2010 he convinced the city of Miami to build him a brand new, half a billion dollar stadium and have the tax payers pay for it. He bought a bunch of talent last off season to put in the new park to make people think he gives a crap about the city. Then he proceeded to cut his salary down from 130 mil or whatever to about 50 million. He swindles the people out of money. Here's an awesome article about it. Explains it better than I. Doesn't want to start from scratch. Doesn't want to pay basically. Article about Bug, Loria and the Wilpons being douches

16. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

I can't believe I'm saying this... but can we get David Stern to step in and veto this like he did the Chris Paul deal? NO MORE SUPERTEAMS, especially not in Canada!

17. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

The Marlins are the biggest disgrace of a sports team in any sport.

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

And it's because of two men, David Sampson and Jeffrey Loria.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I had totally forgotten that Loria was the guy that killed the Expos too. What a freaking disgrace.