Eagles Fire Senior VP Of Communications Rob Zeiger

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Nov 20, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Eagles fired their senior vice president of communications, Rob Zeiger, on Tuesday, a source close to the situation said.

Zeiger oversaw the team’s public affairs department and was part of the Eagles’ executive administration. He was the liaison between owner Jeffrey Lurie, other members of the Eagles front office and the media.

Zeiger’s name was already removed from the Eagles’ online employee directory as of Tuesday evening.

Messages left with the team and Zeiger were not immediately returned.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I know people will make fun of this but I think it's the start of King Jeffery dropping the hammer on folks. PR has been a crap show this year but the least of our concerns. I'm seeing a revitalization of this franchise in the off season. Like, top to bottom revitalization.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Anyone below Mrs. Lurie and then Jeffrey Lurie is pretty much subject to the chopping block. Send your applications in now ladies and gentlemen...

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Actually Mrs. Lurie has already been chopped. They got divorced in August I believe.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

She still has a lot of control of the team.

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Financially sure but she's not going to make any decisions.

7. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

That'll fix things on the field.

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

This season's gone. There's no fixing things on the field. Lurie is going to shake up this organization a bunch this off season and this is where he starts. Eagles have been getting MAD negative press and this dude is in charge of dealing with that crap storm and he hadn't. Reid is gone once the season is over. Marty is gone. Todd is gone. Michael is gone. This is just the little snowball you start rolling down the hill.

9. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

Eagles will officially be in rebuild mode in 2013.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Yes, she does. She makes decisions about the stadium, uniforms, cheerleaders, etc.

Not on field decisions, but she has certainly not been chopped.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

good she shhould change the unis to pink for the remainder of the year.

12. Badger

Badger Rookie

Yup. I mean, its totally the VP of communications' fault that the team is losing. :icon_rolleyes:
    All jokes aside, I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to see the Eagles clean house this spring. Its time to hit the reset button and start over.