Cardinals To Start QB John Skelton Vs Seahawks

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Sweets, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Cardinals' head coach Ken Whisenhunt on Wednesday named John Skelton his starting quarterback Sunday at the Seattle Seahawks, the Arizona Republic reports.

Skelton was pulled from the game against Atlanta on Nov. 18 and watched as rookie Ryan Lindley started the next two games at St. Louis and at the New York Jets.

Source: The Redzone

2. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

What a mess.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Heard the presser on radio. Rationale? "John's had success against Seattle".

The anti-Whiz sentiment in AZ is building. Decisions like this are justifying those feelings. Never thought after last year's start at 0-6 it could get worse. After the Cards lose their remaining games, it will be at 12 straight and the house cleaning will begin. One potential bright note, Bidwell had a closed door meeting with DC Ray Horton today.

4. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Nevermind

5. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Wow how the qb position can make or break your season. That team has not even been close to the same since Warner left. D is pretty good tho.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i thought Skelton had been sent into exile for some reason and all of the sudden he's back?

Yes, this might be the straw the broke the camel's back for cards fans dealing with Whiz.

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Yeah, the call-in show was 99% for getting rid of him. Although fans are stupid and shouldn't even have opinions, nearly everyone, including me, agrees that without Warner, Fitz, Boldin and Breaston in his first and second year that he would have been gone years ago. He was completely unprepared for Warner walking on the last year of his mandated 2-year deal and what he has attempted to do since then in nothing short of a monumental failure. Just look at the drafts and trades post-Warner. The stupid fans of the Cards have completely given up on Whiz (and I'm guessing the team has as well). Unfortunately, the skills of Fitzgerald have been wasted over the past 4 years.