End Of The Road: Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Dec 31, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN7sS-maF4I&feature=ytfce]End of the road: Bears - YouTube[/ame]

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA3bqFBeJxY&feature=ytfce]Bears Biggest Offseason Concern - YouTube[/ame]

3. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

I know a lot of us Bears fans where thinking "oh crap not another year" when we where 7-1,'not coach of the year'

For me the firing has been a long time coming...he did what he said he was going to do in the 2006 season (beat the pack,play in a Superbowl) but has done nothing else..

I for one was pissed off with his sideline stillness,no emotions,looked like he was taking orders at the local Wendy's drive threw...

Oh well knowing what the owners are like,we will get a Coach that no one has heard off from the barging basement of the NFL.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

:icon_smile:

Ain't dat da troof...

I know what you mean but his demeanor never really bothered me due to other coaches success with lower key M.O.s i.e. Landry, Noll, Walsh, etc. Of course, not to put him in their league but just, IMO, that a coach doesn't need to be demonstrative on the sidelines.

What bothered me most was he never had a learning curve when it came to tailoring game plans to opponents, in game adjustments, not holding players/coaches responsible, etc. Biggest thing was not fighting JA for position needs, instead signing another contract & staying silent like a good foot soldier which isn't what a HC should do.

Throw in that the players all liked him which is a great sign that he's not pushing his players hard enough & not making them responsible enough. No way you keep all those guys happy if you're making the tough, hard nosed decisions necessary.

Good DC, just not more than a decent, middle of the road regular season HC. Even in the SB appearance year, it was more about the Bear D & opposing DCs lack of game film on Grossman till midway thru the year. Toss in a soft schedule & it was a fluke, not a great coaching job.

Agreed once again.

This franchise needs a HC with a winning pedigree, not an unknown at a low salary (*see LS one again* :icon_rolleyes:) trying to make one.

While this is a scary time again in BearLand, it's still stirs the flickering optimism that hasn't been around since what seems like forever.