Eagles Land Chip Kelly As Head Coach

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Jan 16, 2013.

1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

sure, that will be fine. the eagles averaged 28 pts and 400 yds/game against the cowboys defense in their 2 meetings this year. if it's a lot worse than that next season, i will absolutely entertain a discussion with you about whether kelly somehow has kiffins 'number'.

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I missed the presser. Screw.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

good stuff. i know 97.5 had kelly and roseman on afterwards but i missed it. kelly kept stressing that he doesnt want people to assume he's running the spread read. he said the only offense he's commited to is the type that gets the ball in the endzone and if that takes 40 runs a game he'll do it. whatever the talent and game situation calls for is what he will go with. complete 180 from reid.

kind of got the impression we will see something like NE runs because kelly seems really high on foles.

i'm excited. 1st impression was a real good one.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Roseman hasn't been on 97.5 yet. He should be on in about 5 or 10 minutes.

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I honestly think that the draft will tell us a lot about where this team heads. If he takes Geno we know what kind of offense. If we take OL, odds might be Foles sticks around. But like many have said, he seems really high on Foles.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

He also spoke well of Mike Vick...sooooooo...

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

while I don't follow the Eagles, Reid's being a classy guy comes to no surprise to me. Dude has been a true professional during his time there as far as I know.

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Define "a lot worse.":icon_smile:

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I hope our defense can hold teams to those numbers next season.

10. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

this guy is super intelligent and all about preparation and high octane practices. I live in Oregon now and been around this for a little while. People here love him and knows that he understands players and players' strengths. People say he had recruiting advantages, but Oregon never had a top ten class while he was here, never higher than teens at best, especially the year he got to Oregon and immediately turned it around. He is a players coach, he becomes vested and makes it into a family. He is able to teach complex ideas with ease and gets his players to buy into the system. No one ever said he was going to take his Oregon offense and install it in the NFL. He is smart and humble which makes for a powerful combination.

btw, last time the Eagles hired an inexperienced college coach, they hired twinky Vermeil

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's come out and said that he may not use the same style offense in the NFL. Which could be a good sign.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He has Foles and IMO he needs to work with that

Sent from my HTC Vivid

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

He loves Foles, has for awhile

Kelly on Foles from September 25th, 2011

“I’ll tell you what; I’m glad Nick Foles is graduating,” Oregon coach Chip Kelly said after his team’s 56-31 victory Saturday night. “I catch myself watching him in awe sometimes. … Nick is a hell of a football player. That kid’s a warrior. He’s as good as anyone in the country.”

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

This really was my only concern. Sounds like he's the polar opposite of Reid when it comes to adjusting to your roster and in game situations.

I admit it. Im pumped and all-in.

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I think he's going to target Geno and do a hybrid of the Ducks offense in Philly. I don't see him completely abandoning it since we have Desean, Lesean and Bryce Brown. Maclin isn't too slow either. I see a speed read type offense in Philly but a little more pass oriented.

16. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I have a gut feeling Geno is going to be a bust.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  17. smeags

smeags militant geek

No on geno. No no no

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Geno isn't even that good. Add that to the fact that Kelly isn't insisting that he will run the same offense, I don't see him going there at all.

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'd rather keep Vick if that's the case.

20. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Geno would be a waste of a 4th pick. I will instantly think this new regime is going to be a bust if they were to take him.