Referee Explains Review Of Patriots RB Stevan Ridley's Fumble

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Jan 20, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Referee Bill Leavy answered a question about his replay review of Stevan Ridley's fourth-quarter fumble as part of a pool report after Sunday's AFC Championship Game.

When asked to explain the call, Bill Leavy answered: “What I saw was the receiver was going to the ground, had both legs off the ground, no body part was on the ground. The ball hit his knee and dislodged from his hand before the rest of his body hit the ground, therefore it was a fumble and we confirmed it.â€￾

Source: ESPN.com

2. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

So his butt isn't part of his body? I dunno, I thought dude's butt was on the ground and then his own knee popped the ball loose.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Thought the same thing. No question that his knee "caused" the fumble, but he was hit, looked down to me and then the ball hit the knee and came out. Maybe I need to see it again?

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Didnt seem like a fumble to me..

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

[​IMG]

Next season the first time I play the Ravens I throw out some rookie to chop block Pollard until his ACL is on the turf.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Maybe they gave the Ravens the ball because the hit was good haha.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

apparently i'm the only one that thinks ridley knocked himself out. everyone keeps saying it was a dirty hit by pollard but the way i saw it, pollard had actually lowered himself appropriately and turned so his shoulder would impact ridley's mid-section, and then, at the last second, ridley lowered his head and drove his helmet directly into the side of pollard's helmet.

in my opinion, ridley did it to himself.

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I totally agree, it was terrible form by Ridley. Put your head down, get hecked up. But I don't think he fumbled until he hit the ground.

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Thought he was down too.

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'm not knocking out Pollard because of what happened to Ridley. For every other time. But yeah, Ridley completely did that to himself in that situation. Dude needs a thicker head.

11. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

His knee did knock it out, but his butt wasn't down yet. Def. a fumble.

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I haven't seen it since the game but I remember thinking it was a fumble.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I thought his butt was down at the time...but I would need to see it again....

14. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

He got knocked the heck out, that's the only explanation.

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDdeRKKCH8Y]Ravens Bernard Pollard Knocks Patriots Stevan Ridley Out - YouTube[/ame]

16. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

He did the James Brown splits