Former 49ers Owner Calls Falcons Game 'A Warmup' For Super Bowl

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Jan 20, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Eddie DeBartolo Jr. hasn't owned the 49ers for nearly 13 years, but that doesn't mean he's not a fan of the franchise. The team is now one win away from returning to the Super Bowl for the first time since he was owner, and DeBartolo apparently doesn't consider the Falcons much of an obstacle to getting back to the championship game.

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News tweeted: "Just ran into Eddie DeBartolo Jr. on the sidelines. Asked him about 49ers' chances today. "This is a warm-up game," Eddie D said."

Source: CBS Sports

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

what a d-bag

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I don't like his face. I want to kick him in his face then crap on it.

4. SRW

Whoa. I think I saw an ad on craigslist for someone who pays to have that done. I was in a weird place that night and those google searches come up with some funny results......

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

haha 24-14 right now

6. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Well........At least he's the former owner.....

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That worked great for us...remember when Jerry started selling tickets for the NFCCG before playing the Giants in the divisional?

Sent from my LG-970h using Tapatalk 2

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's irrelevant.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

What a bunch of freaking haters. Eddie was one of the best owners in the history of professional sports.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Hahaha WHAT NOW SNITCH!?!?!?! MY BALLS. SUCK THEM.

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I miss Eddie

12. SRW

Damn shame he got caught up in some bullcrap. He was one of the NFL's all-time best owners. Demanded excellence and made everyone feel like part of a family.

13. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Jed York since taking over has ran the team like Eddie would have. Jed York has been phenomenal since he has taken over for his inept parents.

14. CaptainStubing

i'm not saying debartalo wasn't a good owner. but he is a d-bag and his comments here are just another example.

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I agree, damn you guys just plain suck...Eddie was THE best owner and what he said isn't bad enough for people to jump all over it...at least his nephew has a brain and knows that Eddie was all about HIS TEAM and made sure every player and their families were well taken care of...HEY 49ER FANS, WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US?????

16. CaptainStubing

oh, geez, you niner fans are running around with your cocks out since the win yesterday .......... settle down guys. it's just a game.

i'm glad you have fond memories of debartolo and think he's a good guy. however, i'm certainly entitled to my opinion about a guy who just blatantly insulted an entire organization by deeming them 'minor league'. not real classy.

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Capt, you are so entitled to say what you want about Eddie but we are also entitled to tell you that you're wrong...he's not part of the 49ers organization anymore so he's talking like a fan would, he has no reason to be "nice" he doesn't owe that to anyone.

LOL @ telling any Super Bowl bound fan to settle down..:laughy32: yeah that'll happen..NOT! we've waited long enough to be here and if one FORMER owner is going to send you guys into a frenzy...so be it!!!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  18. 86WARD

86WARD -

[MENTION=2175]CaptainStubing[/MENTION] - the thought of [MENTION=521]Sweets[/MENTION] running with her "c**k" out is hilarious...could only be topped by the look on [MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION]'s face when he realizes that sweets is indeed running around with a "c**k" out.

19. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

I cannot really sound off without appearing biased but his comments about a warm up game (confident perhaps) and the start of a new dynasty are FAR less irritating than having to watch and listen to Ray Lewis after each game. BTW - always been a fan of Lewis but the past few weeks have been too much.

20. Lady Big Cat Lover

Lady Big Cat Lover Cats Meow

Couldn't of said it better Sweets.....can't wait til the kickoff....Lombardi #6 here we come:icon_cheesygrin: