Cardinals DT Darnell Dockett Almost Requested A Trade

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SRW, Jan 27, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Cardinals defensive tackle Darnell Dockett is traveling to New Orleans just to meet with new head coach Bruce Arians. He is out of the doghouse, back in the team’s plans, and couldn’t be more excited.

“I did my research on Bruce,†Dockett said. “And he’s a great guy. I talked to a lot of players that played with him — Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, even some guys in Pittsburgh. They all vouched for him. They all said he’s a good guy.

If Ken Whisenhunt returned, he was going to ask for a trade, which the team surely would oblige.

Now, Dockett is welcomed back, liberated by both the change in head coach and defensive coordinator. He is one of the few who will not miss Ray Horton.

“(Arians) told me he is going to put me in my regular position that I had been playing over the years, (when) I was a dominant force in the middle,†Dockett said. “That got me fired up right away because I’ve been just looking for another opportunity to do what I do best, and that’s go out and dominate games. …

“I never wanted to be an Albert Haynesworth. I never wanted to be one of those guys who will get paid a lot of money and get into the media and (complain) about the position and things like that. I just sucked it up (under Horton). I just did my best at a position that I was never really great at. But again, I just never wanted to be one of those guys, and I just wanted to put the team first. And I wasn’t going to let my selfish ways get involved with our team. I sacrificed.â€

Source: Arizona Republic

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

wow, i thought everyone loved horton............ apparently dockett was not one ...........

3. WOODDRIVER

WOODDRIVER Team Veteran

Dockett's numbers have suffered in the past two years under Horton's system. He was absorbing a lot of double teams so that the linebackers could make plays. It will be interesting to see how his and Calais Campbells increase if the Cards go to a 4-3 look more often next year.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Very true.