Cowboys Look Like They Are Laying Groundwork To Hire Jon Gruden

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Sweets, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Why do I feel like the cowboys are turning into the raiders? Jerry Jones is going to end up like Al Davis. Looking like a corpse, unable to speak coherently, still running his football team(into the ground).

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

He ain't that good of a head coach,but if the cowboys want him bad enough,massah jones will certainly go after him if he can sober up that long!

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

:icon_sad:

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I said that in a thread earlier this season when he was running his mouth. That team could get back to being dominant in the NFL if Jerry would hire some football guys to run his football team instead of thinking he can do it himself...which he clearly can not. I mean...even Daniel Snyder has pretty much realized that and look where that team is going...

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

What do you mean "is going to be unable to speak coherently"? Have you listened to him lately? He's already that way.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I'm waiting for the cowboys to hire an interpetor to let the world know what he is attempting to talk with the outside world!

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

and as long as he keeps out of the way,the redskins will be better! He should look at how jerry has been running the cowboys the last ten years as how not to be!

8. ragman

That won't happen. JJ's too cheap to hire one.

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

maybe he'll put it off on the guy who cleaned his glasses on sunday night football last
    year?

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

If its one thing Jones isn't is cheap.

You don't always have to post something. If you dont have anything to add, don't just make stuff up

Sent from my HTC Vivid

11. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

How is Gruden not an upgrade over Jason Garrett?

12. Jihad Joe

Anyways. The Gruden connection is much adu about nothing. Garrett hired Callahan. Jones brought in Kiffin ( who I believe isn't on good terms with Gruden) who brought in Marinelli. Then Jones hired an ST coach from TB

Subtract Kiffin and his hire, and Callahan who Garrett brought in when he couldn't get Sparano, then the Gruden Consipiacy is centered around hiring an ST coach

Sent from my HTC Vivid

13. Jihad Joe

I don't think he is. I think he is one of the more overrated coach's out there. He did a solid job in Oakland, won with Fungus talent and Kiffins coaching in TB, and his handling of Chis Simms was possibly one of the worst examples of coaching in the history of guilded man. Garrett isn't Chuck Noll or anything, but he did a great job this year given the amount of injuries he's had, and he hasn't even had a losing season yet.

I think Gruden is going to be an utter trainwreck if he ever coaches again

Sent from my HTC Vivid

14. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Couldn't of said it better. I don't think Garrett is the problem. :beer:

15. ragman

I still think that Gruden will be here in 2014. Whenever I say that, people point out that Gruden and Kiffin had some kind of falling out with each other when they were in Tampa. That's been over 10 years ago, You know the old saying. "Time heals all wounds."

16. Agent Zero

I think if Garrett completely craps the bed next year that's a possibility..

17. ragman

I think Gruden is here if Jason goes 8-8 or worse in 2013.

18. Agent Zero

With Jerry in charge God only knows what will happen in 2014.

19. Payton3434

Payton3434 Rookie

What do you mean Jihad Joe? Was there beef between them? I wasn't aware of this.

20. Payton3434

Payton3434 Rookie

Although this would be the coaching hire of the Century Jones has already gone on record saying that he was sticking with Romo and Garrett for the forseeable future. I think Gruden would be a hire that would be dangerous for the rest of the NFC I don't see him hanging up his head set in the booth on MNF to go to Dallas. Especially if he can't pick and choose his own QB. Gruden had talked up Romo but has issues with his inconsistency and he has made that very public. If this happened it wouldn't surprise me if Kyle Orton was the starting QB on opening day next season over Romo. Like I said previously, it's not going to happen. Gruden is loving being the MNF guru next to Tirrico.