Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers Vs Baltimore Ravens (Sunday, Feb. 3rd, 2013)

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 20, 2013.

?

Who Will Win Super Bowl XLVII?

1. San Francisco 49ers

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Baltimore Ravens

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

Been about 10 years... who you got in a rout? :icon_cool:

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm leaning towards a Niners win...

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i understand you want to play the underdog role and feel like it's 'us against the world' but you are not correct. the niners are a 4 point FAVORITE in this game, which means MORE people in general are picking the niners to win than the ravens.

and, i'm not sure what you mean by no one giving the Bucs a chance. That was just as competitive of a match-up on paper as this one. the Bucs were only a 3-point underdog and I remember a lot of us were discussing Gruden's familiarity with the raiders team as a potential huge advantage, which ended up being the reason for the blowout. the bucs were not actually that much more talented. they just knew what plays the raiders were running on offense because the raiders didn't bother to change their signals.

so, if it makes you feel better, you can pretend like a niners win will be shocking, but it's actually expected by most.

4. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

I know we're favored in Vegas but what Im saying is that almost everyone I have seen on TV and listened to on the radio is only talking and picking Ravens and Ray Lewis. Again, just telling you what I am hearing.

Now back to the Bucs/Raiders thing, YES back then all I heard about was Raiders... even though TB had the better record and steamrolled their way into the Superbowl.

5. CaptainStubing

ok, well, you're listening to a certain sample of media outlets different than mine then............. and, regardless, the media guys are guessing at the outcome just as much as the rest of us.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Ravens 27
    49ers 24

7. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

no, I disagree, the NFL network who should have the highest concentration of football fans in the nation..in their survey most people pick the Ravens.

but how does being a 4 point favorite make you think that people think more are picking the 49ers? Its the bookies job to make money.

I believe that during the regular season they are tad more honest about who's favored. But in the playoffs they feed off people's belief in hype.

New England was a 9 point favorite 2 weeks ago...?

The Patriots were favored in both SBs against the Giants ? why ?

I knew it was bogus that New England was favored the second time around against the Giants...at least that was my total belief.

heres some creepy bookie analysis, LOL listen to the guys wannabe analysis about the Ravens defense at the end, what a joke. Like the Ravens cant think or be more creative than that? 7:57

NFL Picks: Super Bowl Betting Picks on Spread

8. CaptainStubing

:scratch: do you know how pointspreads work? The bookies only set the opening number. From there, the amount of bets/dollars going to one side or another from the bettors (the PUBLIC) moves the number one way or another. The only job of a bookie is to try and get 50% of the money on one side and 50% of the money on the other side because the house can live off of the juice, typically 10%.

So, for example, the bookies opened up the betting on this game as San Fran -4.5 or -5, depending on the book. Most of the money early on was on the Ravens plus the points and it very quickly moved to -3.5, but it has leveled off there and has been there for several days because they were then getting 50% of the money on the niners and 50% of the money on the ravens.

Therefore, at least 50% of the bettors believe San Fran will win by at least 3 points. and the other 50% of the bettors believe the ravens will win or that san fran will win by 3 points or less. Hence, the fact that the 'public' believes San Fran is the favorite.

And this is a more scientific way to truly know which way the public is viewing the game versus a 'survey' conducted by a t.v. channel whose sole purpose is to try and create interest in a game.

9. ram29jackson

of course I am well aware how point spreads and bookies work. So what if the house can live off of 10% theyll still try to rip people off if they can.

the line is there to deceive not to benefit people but they never learn.

I dont disagree with what you are saying .But like when they favored the Pats in the last NY v Pats SB and everybody and their brother still bet NY.

I believe you have to look a little deeper then just what is perceived as the basic accepted rules of betting. Yes on routine day they want a 50/50 split but its gambling, if they can rip off 80% of the people and not give out winnings they are damn well going to try doing so. In the same way they wanted people to believe the Brady passing attack hype 2 weeks ago, they are counting on people believing the Kaepernick hype and Favoring SF this time...but a 3 1/2, 4 point favorite is kind of hard to get people to go one way on come to think of it LOL

Like I said, I dont disagree with what you said. I just believe we are dealing with a dishonest business with a larger device of purposed madness......that was creative writing LOL

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

11. ram29jackson

it might matter, it might not

12. ram29jackson

1. Moss- I'm the best

2. Culliver- I'm not gay

3. Strip club

4. 8 game starting QB

it might matter, or maybe not, who knows ?

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

14. bossco

bossco Rookie

Re: Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers Vs Baltimore Ravens (Sunday, Feb. 3rd, 2013

As long as they are back in there rooms before curfew who gives a crap. Its not like they are being accused of taking a banned substance.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

9 game starter, and the 9 includes playoff wins against the other top 2 teams in the NFC, including a championship game comeback against the one seed, from a 3 score deficit, on the road (impossible to overstate how tremendous that is IMO), a record setting performance in the second round against the 2010 SB champs, a 4 TD thrashing against one of the top 2 AFC teams in the regular season, a drubbing of the 2009 SB champs, and in his NFL debut, a laughable blowout of a win against one of the best defenses in the league. He's been the highest rated qb In the league by profootball focus since he's been starting. #1 in TD/INT % since hes been starting. Top QB rusher since hes been a starter, and #4 overall despite playing less than half a season. Helming the #1 YPG playoff offense.

This kid aint just another inexperienced starter riding the talent around him and not screwing it up too badly, he is the driving force behind this team right now, making everyone around him better, and they are freaking beasting because of it. You need to open your eyes to what he's been doing and the actual impact he's had, this isnt the kind of player or situation that happens every year. Or decade. Or generation. Or maybe ever. To keep pooh-poohing at his lack of experience at this point does nothing but show your bias in the matter and willful ignorance to recognize what he's accomplishing and how hes doing it.

16. ball in the baskett

I like kaepernick wont be surprised if he wins a superbowl also wouldent surprise me if the ravens won though. loving this matchup

17. ram29jackson

8 or 9 games makes no difference, it still means very little experience.
    He is by game amount definition, an inexperienced starter. All the good he's done could amount to nothing just like for the Jim Kellys and Dan Marino's of the world.

LOL there is no bias, I'm not a fan of either team or hater in any true sense of the word. You're the one with the bias because you feel the need to defend something and youre getting offended about it,(it appears). I'm just giving sports talk and opinions that whether i'm right or wrong I dont care about because it doesnt do anything for my life.

highest rated QB after a half season of stats I dont find very impressive really.

there is no willful ignorance on my part. I just dont get giddy after a half season of flash in the pan brilliance.
    If he does well in the game, good for him. But until that happens I will not support inexperience no matter how good he has been to this point.

and that is the wiser choice until proven otherwise.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

So where is your line between experienced and inexperienced? When does he cease to be inexperienced and why? What are your qualifiers, is it strictly a matter of time and nothing else? At x amount of games played/started/time in the league/whatever? Is it completely static, or mobile depending on performance/other factors?

19. ball in the baskett

well see come sunday go ravens

20. ram29jackson

I dont have a line for it and I dont need one. We will see over time how he develops. It has nothing to do with a compare / contrast of any time table.

Standing on its own a 9 game 25 year old starter at QB is simply not Super Bowl ready.

I dont care who you are or how talented you may be? Every human still needs trial and error to be better and he hasnt had enough for me to buy any hype yet. The Ravens defense did what they needed to do against 2 of the greatest QBs in the history of the game. I doubt a young scrambling QB scares them at all. He really wasnt that effective as an individual against Atlanta and they barely won that game. Its going to be a much harder,tighter experience against the Ravens Defense.