Superdome Lights Go Out During Super Bowl XLVII

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Feb 3, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

A power outage at the Superdome has interrupted Super Bowl XLVII, with the 49ers trailing the Baltimore Ravens 28-6.

At about 7:37 p.m. local time and only about two minutes after halftime, the game paused what could be the 49ers’ first loss in six Super Bowl apperances.

The 49ers trailed 21-6 at halftime, and although they overcame a 17-point deficit to win the NFC Championship two weeks ago in Atlanta, that deficit grew quickly.

The 49ers suddenly trailed 28-3 when Jacoby Jones delivered a 109-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, the longest in NFL history.

On their ensuing series, Colin Kaepernick got sacked and the power subsequently went out, dimming the Superdome and shutting off power in the media’s downstairs work room.

Source: Mercury News

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  2. groenator

groenator Rookie

Welcome to New Orleans.... :)

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i don't know about anyone else, but the hour long span between the end of the first half and the end of the power outage with only a couple of minutes of football in there was absolutely horrid for those of us that only watch the game for the football.

4. FdMstng99

FdMstng99 Man of Steel

Embarrassing for the NFL, to happen on the biggest stage.

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

NFL didn't have anything to do with it.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Ravens obviously playing lights out at that point of the game :icon_mrgreen:

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

So, did Ray Lewis kill the lights, too?

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

i was ok with the delay gave me time to catch up on drinking

9. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

in all seriousness..could it have been someone in love with the 49ers ? very fishy

10. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

momentum isnt a stat that can be measured

all i know is

the ravens had all the momentum then the lights went out
    when they came back on the niners went on a run

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Bet somebody from the power company got chewed out and written up and fired because it cause we all know crap rolls downhill.

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Somewhere, Jerry Jones was laughing.

13. groenator

groenator Rookie

I would say that was 49ers instead of Ravens, they needed a break to come back....:)