49ers Head Coach Jim Harbaugh Has Issues Over Non-Calls

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh opened his post game press conference by saying he wanted to "handle this with class and grace," couldn't help but make his feelings known in a matter-of-fact fashion, Jerry McDonald of Bayareanewsgroup reports.

Indeed, Harbaugh had issues with more than just the final play. On a second-down throw to Crabtree -- again with Smith as the defender -- Harbaugh thought his player had been fouled.

"There's no question in my mind that there was a pass interference, and then a hold on Crabtree on the last one," Harbaugh said.

Later, Harbaugh stopped in the middle of a question about something else to reiterate: "I realize I'm on the side of the 49ers. I'm the coach of the 49ers. There is some bias there, but I wouldn't be bringing it up unless it was obvious. But that's not the way they saw it. That's the only reason I bring it up."

Former NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira said in a tweet: "Tough play that is really close both ways. Good job not calling anything."

Former Giants defensive end Michael Strahan, on the other hand, tweeted, "That replay shows one hell of a hold."

Center Jonathan Goodwin was one of several players who hadn't seen a replay but said, "I've got enough questions about it that lets me know something was up. Unfortunately, you can't get it back. It's just tough to lose a game like that on a questionable call at the end."

Tight end Delanie Walker was running a pass route on the play and said: "I saw they were trying to stop him from getting to the back of the end zone. But who knows? The ball probably wasn't catchable. I don't know."

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i thought he would have been more pissed about the illegal formation on the first play of the game

what a freaking drama queen

him and ray lewis need to share a stage

[​IMG]

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i wonder how harbaugh felt about the atlanta non-call ..............

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I've always thought John was the bigger douche mainly because of rivalry reasons, but after seeing Jim on the sideline this season and hearing him talk, he's giving John a run for his money.

5. CaptainStubing

he's such a clown .......... i laugh at him whenever he has one of his temper tantrums.

6. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

There were several calls on both sides that weren't made.

As for the Atl call, that's the first thing that popped in my head when I heard this story. Really Jim, just STFU.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

They are both just super-whiny and it really annoys me...although I do agree on some of his stance.

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I can't really say he doesn't have some beef..

9. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

It wasn't just the holding non-call. How does Williams hit a ref and not even get a flag let alone an ejection? Oh, and we all laugh when he does that stuff btw. I love it though, it's like watching a fan out there.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

how about the tackle on flacco 2 yards out of bounds and the holding call in the 1st half that cost the ravens another 1st down when they were marching down the field? there were 7 penalties in the whole game,and the ones that were called were the weaker ones like offsides,illegal formation,and running into the kicker which was a major robert deniro acting job by akers! the refs let them play,which they should have! harbaugh was an butthole and a whiner as a player and he is a bigger one as a head coach!the guy made fun of jim kelly's handicapped son when he played for the colts,he needs to STFU!!!

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

"The refs let them play," a lot if times is a silly statement. No offense. But when people use that statement, especially in the post season, some don't understand the fact that the teams that are in the playoffs are usually the teams that are the least penalized for that season. So to say "the refs let them play" is somewhat and misunderstood.

Not saying that anyone here is...just making a general statement.

12. CaptainStubing

i agree ward. i'm not into the whole 'the refs let them play' phrase. i think the refs need to be consistent within a game and call it according to the rules but there are so many plays within a game that are very subjective. in general, i don't envy the refs jobs. it is very difficult and they will never be perfect.