Next Year's Super Bowl Could Be Too Cold For Halftime Musical Act

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

There is no plan for a halftime show at Super Bowl XLVIII in the open-air home of the Jets and Giants in New Jersey — because NFL officials can’t figure out how to stage the festivities in the frigid climate, sources told Josh Margolin of the New York Post.

“It’s because of the cold weather,†revealed one source involved in the planning of the first-ever open-to-the-winter-elements Super Bowl.

“It’s not only the acts and the singers but [also] the crews that have to put the stage together. You know, the assembly has to be done a certain way. It’s choreographed and rehearsed so it can be assembled and disassembled as fast as possible. And you just can’t assemble the stage and break it down fast enough in the cold.â€

“There’s no plan right now of what to do in its place,†the planning official said about the halftime spectacle.

The logistical nightmares for 2014 have already started — and are getting worse every day, sources said. “The NFL is freaking out about these issues because they’ve never done a cold-weather Super Bowl,†said one source, who added that officials are worried because there’s no telling what Old Man Winter has planned.

“There are a thousand things we didn’t think about†in regards to the cold, another source said.

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Would not be a terrible thing.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

No, it wouldn't. That would take care of the this halftime show is gonna suck thread.

4. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Have some football playing youngsters provide the halftime entertainment

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i still can't believe they gave new york a super bowl when every other cold city with an outdoor stadium has always been told by the league to not even bother applying .........

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

The NFL has said that there are plans in place.

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

one year wwe had rock v mick foley in some sort of match on another channel i thought that was cool

who says it always has to be an musical artist preform lets see some dude jump 20 helicopters or something

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, they mainly do the halftime show for the chicks and the fringe fans....... most of those would not enjoy evil knevil

9. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Mascot football! I mean really, if you're not going to give me boobs, give me idiots in costumes not being able to see where they're going and leveling each other :)

10. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

so we get some old heck band playing all there hits or some mtv garbage radio act

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bingo

12. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Blue Man Group should do the halftime show.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

That would be cool. Or keeping with the "cold theme." Arctic Monkeys.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

maybe they should do something for the many veterans and active military in america!?
    that would a 30 minute show that charities like the dav that could lead to them getting donations off the show they put on.or they could have the punt,pass and kick finals for kids too!

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

How about a Giant snowball fight mid-field?

17. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Don't tempt them. Nickleback is still a thing, you know.

In reality, I was kinda shocked that they didn't get a hold of PSY for some part of the game. That guy's 15 minutes has to be just about up, right?

18. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

How about Snow Patrol? Are they still together?

19. groenator

groenator Rookie

Van Halen should play at SB

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

It'll be a Led Zeppelin reunion. Guarantee it.