Ravens WR Anquan Boldin Says He'll Retire If He's Released

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, Feb 8, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Coming off a killer postseason, Anquan Boldin has proved himself to be a money receiver. But he's willing to call it a careeer if the Baltimore Ravens let him walk.

"For me that's not something that I worry about," Boldin said Friday on NBC Sports Network's "Pro Football Talk." "I think you go out and let your play speak for itself. You deal with that if you have to, but, I think for me -- I know for me -- Baltimore is the only place I want to play. It's the last place that I will play. For me, I'll retire a Raven, I'm not putting on any other uniform."

"I won't play in another uniform. We have a saying, once a Raven, always a Raven, and I'll always be a Raven."

Pretty strong words from a player who could probably command a nice dollar if he were to hit the open market. The Ravens -- like many teams -- don't have a ton of cap flexibility, and things won't get easier with a Joe Flacco contract on the horizon that could be worth $20 million per year.

Source: NFL.com

2. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

.....money changes minds fast.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

If it meant that much to him he would play for the league minimum.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

This...

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Why not, he did accomplish the dream.

6. WOODDRIVER

WOODDRIVER Team Veteran

I know Cardinals fans would welcome him back with open arms. Not gonna happen, but I think with Whiz gone he grudge against the team may have softened some. His play in the SuperBowl wasn't highlight film gold, but he was clutch. Can't blame him if he goes out on top.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

that is what i was thinking

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

if hes released i hope the steelers try to woo him

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

They won't.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

it's being reported that the ravens want him to play for $4 mill instead of $6 mill and anquan is now back-tracking on these comments that he will retire if released.