Vikings Will Actively Pursue Trading WR/KR Percy Harvin

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Feb 10, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Percy Harvin is mysteriously missing from the Minnesota Vikings' 2013 promotional season ticket poster. Pressed about the talented but volatile receiver's future with the team entering a contract season, general manager Rick Spielman recently played it coy while hinting that there are aspects of the receiver's behavior that aren't easy to love.

Sources tell Mike Max of WCCO in Minneapolis that Spielman will indeed actively pursue a Harvin trade on the heels of a November meltdown directed at head coach Leslie Frazier. The incident happened in front of teammates, who didn't take well to Harvin's tirade just a couple of years after a similar blowup directed at former coach Brad Childress. It was also believed to be the real reason that Harvin was unexpectedly placed on injured reserve with an ankle ailment that didn't require surgery.

Source: NFL.com

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I love Harvin and think he would make a trade partner really happy as long as he stays healthy.

Market price? And who pays it?

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

this has jets written all over it

4. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

5. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Yeah. You guys already have no one to throw to. Rudolph is good but hes only one guy.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, someone is going to get a very talented player that can make big plays. i would say a 2nd round pick is fair.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

If say a third. The blow ups at 2 separate coaches will hurt the value a little bit. I think if it were only one blow up, a second easy. But two blow ups at two separate coaches and teammates fed up with it hurt the value a little bit IMO.

8. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

I see zero positives of letting him go, we will just be digging a bigger hole for ourselves. If they want to contend Percy needs to be on the team.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Unless they clear the spot for Mike Wallace.

10. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

I would much rather have Percy over Wallace and just add a rookie WR with Percy.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Percy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wallace.

12. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

True.

13. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Agreed.

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Harvins overrated. He would be a decent #2 , but he has never produced in the NFL to a level his reputation would suggest. No 1,000 yard seasons in 4 years and 1 900 yard season

Sent from my HTC Vivid

15. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Never been healthy a full season and plays different roles. Ponder being your QB don't help.

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i don't know if harvin is necessarily 'overrated' because i don't think he gets that much attention but i tend to agree that his best spot would be as a #2 wr. that's not what he's been thus far though.

the vikings haven't been a prolific passing team the last few years but harvin has been (by far) the vikings best receiver for the past 3 seasons. he's a decent route runner and has decent hands but that's not where his worth is. he's fantastic with the ball in his hands in open space. he's very explosive. that's why they hand him the ball in the backfield and use him as their main kick returner.

if you want to just look at 'stats', then a more fair number to use for this guy is the fact that he is a 2,000 all-purpose yard guy. he can pick up big chunks of yards in numerous ways.