Who Should Chiefs Target With No. 1 Pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Nov 15, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY5Ejo3fl7Y&feature=plcp]Who Should Chiefs Target With No. 1 Pick? - YouTube[/ame]

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

They ain't secured it yet..

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's close...lol

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

McShay made sense to me in the video when he said it basically sucks for KC because they need a QB, have the top pick, but nobody has been overwhelming this year. If I'm KC I guess I just force the pick and take one of the QBs if there's no chance to trade down. Don't love Barkley or Smith as amazing NFL QBs, but Barkley could be a leader and decent option since they've built up just about every other position. Offensive lineman would be a secondary option I guess.

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Matt Barkley=Mark Sanchez. I'm calling it right now.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

If he goes to a dog crap team he will be. If he goes to a mediocre or decent squad, he'll do well.

7. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

a linebacker.............

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

They got to put some asses in the seats,so they just about have to take a qb like either geno smith or matt barkley,in my opinion.

9. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Trade down scenario, if they can

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Awful draft this year IMO. They would be smart to trade down.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

eagles are gonna have a top 5 pick,think they'll trade with kc to move up and take geno smith?

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

no, trading down would be dumb for a franchise that is so desperate for a qb. they are not in a position to do anything but take a qb.

and if he busts, they need to do it again in a year or 2 with a high pick.

they will just continue to suck year after year without a qb.

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

And people will come out and see somebody like smith or barkley,not quinn or matt cassell.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

The Eagles aren't going to take a QB and aren't going to trade up. This franchise isn't in ruins like the Chiefs or the Raiders. They are 1 or 2 pieces(and coaches) away from being football royalty again.

The Chiefs on the other hand, yeah. I see 2 viable options for the team. Either trade down and try to get 3 or 4 other picks in return or take that 1st overall pick and try to trade for a veteran QB that might not suck on this team. They have Chaarles and Bowe, build around them, get a QB who can throw the ball and knows what the heck they're doing and call it a day!

15. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Hear what a fan thinks...Geno....if we can't get out of that spot. im not thrilled that we are stung (missing Matt Ryan on a coin flip). but I so would love that a team over pay that spot and get us out of there. so not likely not to happen. id prefer we keep Brandon Albert...he has shown progress...and he shows up and plays games. Im sure Andy Reid can coach up Smith.

16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Well, it won't be Barkley. I got an e-mail from Draft Sharks saying that he's not going to even throw at the combine. His shoulder hasn't healed yet. They don't think he'll be taken in the first round.

17. CaptainStubing

barkley is falling like a rock

18. CaptainStubing

mayock is saying there are only 4 players worthy of the top pick and they are all offensive linemen ........... Alabama guard Chance Warmack; North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper; Texas A&M tackle Luke Joeckel; and Central Michigan tackle Eric Fisher............ the chiefs are so screwed .......... currently, their o-line is actually one of their few strengths

i guess the best they can hope for is that someone wants to trade up

19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Probably Joeckel only because he's a LT.

20. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

no not worth it