Chiefs Unsure If There's A QB Who's Top-Pick Worthy In NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Feb 17, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Chiefs spent the last several days setting their draft board in preparation for this week’s NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. The process merely confirmed for new general manager John Dorsey that when it comes to quarterbacks, their homework is only starting.

“There is no quarterback where personnel guys can definitely say, ‘He’s a first-round pick,’ †Dorsey said. “There were so many inconsistencies in the collective group. There was not one guy that stood up and said, ‘I’m the guy in the position this year.’ There really wasn’t one clear-cut guy.

“There are too many technical flaws, scheme flaws. There are so many different variables that there are a lot of people all over the place on naming the top four or five guys and who those guys would be.â€

Dorsey didn’t say so specifically, but he didn’t sound like the Chiefs were planning to take a quarterback with the first pick in this year’s draft.

More likely, the Chiefs will select a quarterback later in the draft — if they take one at all.

Dorsey said both he and coach Andy Reid would be in attendance at the workouts of most, if not all, of the top available quarterbacks.

“I think Andy is a really good evaluator of quarterbacks,†Dorsey said. “I want him and I to go to as many quarterback workouts as possible and actually set our own up.â€

Source: Kansas City Star

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Andy Reid is a good quarterback evaluator? He basically had one guy his entire career, who was pretty good to be fair, but you'd think in 15 years or whatever he'd have actually hit on more than that if he was such a quarterback savant. Being able to make a qb look better than he is and then pawning him off on a sucker =/ being a good talent evaluator. It = being a snake oil salesman.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

He knows about as much as Jon Gruden...

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I don't think there is a immediate starting first round qb in this draft either. Don't know about some of the smaller schools but no one really stood out this past season. Sucks when you have the number one overall pick and there are no stud qbs.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Its even worse when there clearly is one and your team takes someone else instead.

6. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

Cant find your future QB in the draft , there is always Nick Foles. A second round pick would do it.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i think there is a good probability that the chiefs trade for alex smith or nick foles.

8. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

I don't think Reid trades for any QB...I bet a nice qb gets cut and Andy is there to pick him up. Trading for QB's isn't done us any good unless your name is Joe Montana lol

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

what is it with KC and ex SF players? LOL

10. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Eagles and 49ers both trying to drive up those prices

11. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

That's because there isn't I'm not even sure some of these QB's are worthy of a first round pick IMO.

12. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Don't they pick at the top of the second round too? It makes it sound like they take the first player, then they are done.