Will Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe's Baggage Scare NFL Teams Away?

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Feb 11, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Conventional wisdom says there should be three top receivers available in free agency this year: Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, and Dwayne Bowe.

They each have the skills to be a "No. 1" target, but they also have some knocks against them. Jennings is coming off an injury-plagued year for the Green Bay Packers while Wallace is a speed merchant who hasn't exactly developed into a complete receiver with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Bowe's downside is harder to define.

"I am scared to death of Dwayne Bowe," one scout told SI.com's Peter King. "Like him a lot, but not sure what we'd be buying if we signed him. Too much baggage."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i think bowe's maturity could be questioned early on in his career but he's actually been a model citizen i believe.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Vikings will be letting Harvin go for Bowe...so no. It'd be a "downgrade" as far as that topic goes.

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea i agree ward it would be a downgrade if they do that

5. CaptainStubing

well, no doubt bowe would be a downgrade from harvin. bowe isn't quite the playmaker.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm talking drama-baggage. Bowe doesn't carry nearly as much as Harvin's Minnesota Baggage.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Eh I'd take Harvins elite talent and rodish reputation over Bowes lazy play and apathy any day.

8. CaptainStubing

well, i think in the right situation, if someone can keep harvin in check, his upside is obviously way higher.

9. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Im actually shocked that I seen that Bowe is in contract talks with the Chiefs. If Reid can get a QB to throw to him...im sure Bowe's play would pick up. and if not...id be pissed if he received that long term contract.