Redskins GM Bruce Allen Says Team Isn't Considering Name Change

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Feb 15, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Redskins general manager Bruce Allen said Thursday the team isn't considering a new nickname, adding that it's "ludicrous" to suggest that the franchise is trying to upset Native Americans.

"There's nothing that we feel is offensive," Allen said. "And we're proud of our history."

Opposition to "Redskins" has gained momentum following last week's symposium at the Smithsonian that was heavily critical of the use of the word, citing its history as an offensive term. Local columnists and commentators have called for the team to change its name in recent days.

The Redskins have responded with website postings featuring interviews with officials from the 70 high schools they say still called themselves "Redskins."

Source: Associated Press

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

They shouldn't have to change their name because some politicians want to score points with their constituents. Screw politicians.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Screw that name change.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Good For them...

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

just a bunch of silly stupid bullcrap!

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I hope it gets changed.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The Washington Native Savages sounds better imo

Sent from my HTC Vivid

8. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Im native American myself...I think there should be equal name calling in the NFL...like the Atlanta Klu Klux Klan...am I wrong lol im sure there would be quite afew fans for that type of team lol

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

If Redskins is appropriate, why not .........

The Baltimore Blackies ?

The Dallas Degos ?

The Cincinnati Crackers?

am i wrong?

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Washington Chicharrones

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

GridironFans.com Rules

I suggest you read this. You have a right to respond if you so choose in the fight club, so not only did you make a post about being gay, you continued to attack other members outside of the fight club. Again take it there. And rump ranger is a gay slur and nothing more. Don't try to sugar coat what you wrote as anything else.

12. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

They should change it