What Would You Do? Pay Flacco Or Trade Him And Spend $19M?

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by 86WARD, Feb 18, 2013.

?

Joe Flacco for $20M or Kirk Cousins and +$19M?

Poll closed Sep 6, 2013.
  1. Pay Flacco

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Eff Flacco, Give Me Cousins And $19M To Spend

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

So do you pay Joe Flacco $20M and have a "franchise qb" or do you trade for a Kirk Cousins then have $19M left to give to the O-Line, Receivers, Defense, etc.?

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'd get video of Mrs. Flacco giving me a handie and make him sign an 8 million dollar contract with his tears.

[​IMG]

3. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

His postseason record alone warrants paying him. Yeah yeah the defense gets all the credit for his success but he is a good qb.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

im paying the guy he was amazing during the post season i would even say hes more of a reason they won the superbowl then the defense.

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

NO WAY I'm guaranteeing him 19M a year. Screw that crap. I'd give him 10 and let him play to 20 with incentives. Still not a top 5 QB in the NFL, doesn't deserve to be paid like one.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Someone will pay him that. Just a matter of if you want the guy who was an integral part of your Super Bowl win to be your franchise player.

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

this is a hard one. He is a hard qb to figure out. He don't wow you with outstanding performances but at the end of the day his stats are pretty damn good considering. He fits what they want to do on offense and he does have an arm on him. 20 million a year is a bit much. Maybe in the 15 million a year range. But def try to keep him.

8. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

the guy had an amazing post season run with his contract on the line the guts he has and his play at the right time will get him that 20 mill a year no doubt its just how the system is set up

notice teams like the 9ers seahawks taking a team with a devalued qb to the playoffs

devalue the qb position and spend all that money everywhere else while coaching another rookie qb up at the same time could be the future of the nfl

if peyton manning can make 20 mill a year and choke the way out of the one and only playoff game he has a year you gotta play joe for atleast winning a playoff game each year he started

9. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

I can't believe some of you guys don't think he is a top 5 QB...he is at least at #5 . The road he went thru was 1 of the most impressive playoff performances ever (right next to Joe Montana). He is now battle tested...he should have went to the SB the year before. He risk his pay by not signing a contract on this run and won. Give this guy his money.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's not Top-5.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

this is an interesting debate.

for those of you who want to annoint flacco 'top 5', who are you putting him ahead of?

Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Brees ?? There are 6 right there that I would easily take before Flacco.

Now, having said that, Flacco seems to be very clutch in the playoffs and that is worth a lot of money .......... Flacco is basically an extreme version of Eli Manning ........... he's very inconsistent and many times downright horrid in the regular season but steps up his game a lot in the playoffs.

In reality, Flacco should probably accept $15 mill/yr because he's just not that prolific. In addition, these $20 mill QB contracts are really causing these teams a lot of cap issues. they're basically taking one-sixth of the entire team cap for 1 player. that hurts.

12. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Ravens fans in November: "Screw him, this should be a Superbowl team, when we go 8-8 we can trade up for Barkley"
    Ravens fans in February: "He's always been our hero, we need him, pay the man"

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

:Loco:

14. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Well they do have Tyrod Taylor if they don't want to pay him... :cheers:

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

You have to pay him at this point regardless.

16. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Pay the motherhecker. He's money in the playoffs:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE]Jim Mora Playoffs! - YouTube[/ame]

17. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

fixed lol