Percy Harvin Tells Vikings He Wants Out Of Minnesota

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Mar 9, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

April 22 is the first day of the Vikings offseason workouts at Winter Park and rest assured Percy Harvin won’t be there.

There has been a lot of speculation about Harvin’s future with the Vikings, and the wide receiver has refused to comment about the different reports.

However, the latest word from some good sources around the NFL is that Harvin, who missed the final seven regular-season games as well as the playoff game because of a serious ankle injury, has told the Vikings that he doesn’t want to play for them and wants to be traded.

Harvin’s relationship with the Vikings has been much-discussed, including rumors that he isn’t pleased with the coaches’ plans for him on offense and that he does not get along with the medical staff. Quite simply, it seemed as though Harvin wasn’t happy here, and that was made obvious when he didn’t hang around the team during their late-season push toward the playoffs while he rehabbed his ankle.

Source: Star Tribune

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjV8SHjHvHk]Helloween - I Want Out (1988) - YouTube[/ame]

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I don't believe he's actually delusional enough to think he deserves as much money as Megatron or Fitz. I just think it was part of his get out of Minnesota campaign.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Hasn't Harvin been that arrogant since high school?

5. Crowned

Possibly. Maybe his own head is so full of bullcrap that it causes chronic migraines.

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxV1YMclBD8]Percy Harvin's Time Coming To An End In Minnesota? - YouTube[/ame]

7. krfire

krfire Team Veteran

Screw him. let him sit and stew this season, he's not that good, he's a distraction in the locker room. And who really wants this freaking whiny snitch. See ya in the CFL butthole

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

um, i agree with everything you said here except that he's not very good. his ability to be a good teammate has always been a question mark. however, there will be plenty of nfl teams lining up for his services, especially right now with how valued wide receivers are.

harvin is a game-changer, a touchdown-maker, very talented in the open field. he's actually a decent route runner with good hands, he's surprisingly effective in the running game, and is a very good kick returner.

but i still don't understand why harvin has not been happy with how the vikings are using him because they way I view it, they have been trying to get him the ball a LOT since he entered the league. he was their main target in the passing game, he was their main kick returner, and he was even getting a few rushing carries every game.

what the heck does the guy want? To be named the starting QB so he gets the ball EVERY play?

so, whiny princess diva that may not be worth the trouble? yes.

playing in the CFL anytime soon? No way

9. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Crapty. Harvin is really the ideal WR for Ponder. I can see how he got sick of every reception being a bubble screen, though.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, yes, their passing game is somewhat limited with ponder under center but at least the vikings obviously make a huge effort to get the ball to percy. it's not like they have screwed his career by completely shutting him out of their game plan.

he has had a ton of touches during his time in minny and now has big value in this league, and is apparently now demanding to leave.

11. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Nobody wants to play in Minnesota that's why....heck harvin, he went from my favorite player to one of my most hated.

12. Crowned

Harvin to the Seahawks trade rumors are very strong right now.