Ravens Trade WR Anquan Boldin To 49ers For 6th Round Pick

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Sweets, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Baltimore Ravens have traded Anquan Boldin to the San Francisco 49ers for a sixth-round pick according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.

The Ravens reportedly wanted Boldin to take a pay cut and he balked at it.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wow...didn't see that one coming...lol.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Oh heck yeah. He might not be what he once was but he can still ball here and there, definitely worth a 6th. We have to start dumping/consolidating draft picks anyway. Gonna love seeing him go against the Cards twice.

4. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Damn, wish the Vikings could have got in on this one.

5. GreenFish11

GreenFish11 Special Teamer

Nice Move! Way to go Boldin.

6. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I didn't see this one coming, guy was balling in the playoffs...

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

If Boldin can carry on that Playoff form then that is going to be one terrifying WR duo.

Freaking Rams had to start getting their butt in gear by the time half the division become NFL powerhouses lol :icon_rolleyes:

8. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

for a freaking 6th!!!!!that's it????

9. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Oh I love it!!! As soon as i heard about the issues between he and Balt, I was hoping the Niners would make a play. He gets 6 mil this year, but we only give up a 6th in the process. Great move Baalke!!!

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I have never been a Boldin kinda person, HOWEVER, he can actually go toe to toe with Browner and Sherman...bastards!!!!

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

[MENTION=4077]diesel[/MENTION]... guess the Ravens didn't value Boldin much at all...we're going to regret this move..

12. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Wow and Harvin was dealt for a 1st rounder?

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Exactly what I thought. Dayum!

14. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He's not worth any more than a 5th at this point. Ravens weren't going to bring him back anyways so they got something for him at the last moment. Good possession guy for Kap though.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Why would we regret it? He's certainly got a lot more to offer than Moss did last year, albeit in a very different capacity.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Boldin wasn't good last year until the playoffs. Regular season he was a little better than average at best...but worth a 6th round pick.

The day goes to the Seahawks though...

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Sorry Nuts...I meant to say THEY(Ravens) are going to regret the trade..

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He was pretty much the same production-wise as he's always been minus the catch volume, which is par for his last few years.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Maybe from 2010 on when he began at the Ravens. He was a little above average then as well. His playoff success has created more hype than "bite." He's better than Moss at this point though.

20. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

Thought he did really good last half of the season.the thing I like about boldin he's always layed one out for the team.ulike moss that has trex syndrome in the most important games at the end of the season.