Percy Harvin's Lack Of Confidence In Christian Ponder Was Final Straw For Vikings

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Mar 11, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Percy Harvin wanted two things this offseason: money and a better quarterback, Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports reports.

According to two sources, the straw that broke the Vikings' back with Harvin is when he bemoaned the fact that quarterback Christian Ponder, a 2011 first-round pick, was not good enough. That came even though Ponder consistently fed Harvin the ball.

Last season, Harvin had team highs of 62 catches for 677 yards, and added three touchdowns before suffering a season-ending injury in the Vikings' ninth game.

Harvin then got into a minor altercation with Vikings coach Leslie Frazier last season when Minnesota put him on injured reserve in December.

Source: The Redzone

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Having Ponder as your quarterback has to be really frustrating.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

They better trade me too because Im not very confident in Ponder either.

4. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

I hate ponder. All of this could have been avoided if they would have taken prince in the ponder draft and rg3 or luck next draft.

5. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

You mean RG3 and Luck that were off the board when the Vikings picked?

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Stop using logic silly

Sent from my HTC Vivid

7. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Lose one more game and they aren't off the bored are they?

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

The guy just doesent have an arm and now with no receivers i really feel bad for adrian peterson

9. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Don't trade for Herschel Walker and the Vikes probably already have a couple Super Bowls, don't they?

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Percy Harvin's Lack Of Confidence In Christian Ponder Was Final Straw For Vikin

Doubt it.

11. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Hyperbole, Ward.

12. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Probably not, but why respond that way now and not like that to my first post? Nothing changed but me saying lose one game, I was still saying what ifs and should have could haves. There should have been a plan in place to make a run for one of those two QBs since they haven't had a franchise QB since 78 and ponder is not the answer...but I digress.

13. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

No one was talking about RG3 as a franchise quarterback in early 2011. You can't build a franchise around planning to tank for the number one overall pick to draft Luck. I'm in no way defending Ponder, just that you can't say we should have drafted Luck instead of him. If we had ended up with the number one overall pick and then passed on Luck because Ponder was our guy then I'd be the first one there saying what a terrible decision it was, but thats just not the way the events unfolded.

14. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

I completely understand, I'm not trying to attack you, but I didn't say tank the season...just lose one extra game. I'm pretty sure anything RG3 provided would have been better than Ponder, but honestly I'm just engaging in this to make myself feel a little better about losing most of our stars on both sides of the ball...it's frustrating.

15. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Absolutely anything RG3 provides will be better than Ponder.

I'm kind of pissed about Winfield too. It was said that it wasn't to clear space for other moves, and that it was because he is a 36 year old CB making 7.5 mill. If thats true and all we did was cut our best DB to save some cash I will be livid.

16. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

They are saying Rick is leaving the door open to sign him back for a lesser deal, but he says that about everybody so you have to take that with a grain of salt. The Winfield release didn't make sense and I don't think he was willing to restructure his deal either.