What Do People Think Of Profootballfocus.com?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by mtzninersfan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

I've noticed this not just on fan forums, but by sports writers as well. Anytime a discussion comes up about how good is this player? Or which of these players is better? Or Who would be an upgrade at this position? At some point, someone is going to quote, or source PFF's grading system. Almost seems like it is becoming the standard. PFF themselves say agents and scouts reference their grading system. I myself really love reading their articles, but of course I don't always agree with their evaluation.

Anyone else regularly read pff?

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

nope might check it out though

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Never been there but I'll check it out when I get a chance.

4. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

depends on if they agree Alex Smith is better than Jay Cutler. If they agree they are legit =D

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think they are a good source for "sabery" football stats that go a little deeper than traditional stats, and in many cases they can give you a better, more accurate, idea of a players or a units true value than conventional wisdom and stats will. However, it's not an exact science and definitely not a 100% accurate representation of a players value, although they have improved it greatly over the last few years. Every now and then they throw something out like this that is really facepalm worthy.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/14/secret-superstar-chilo-rachal-san-francisco-49ers/

Oh, and everything they do, FootballOutsiders did first, and in many ways better, ages ago.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I used to love FO's CB meterics

Honestly PFF is too convoluted for me. One thing FO was superior to them was how clearly understandable there metrics were

Sent from my HTC Vivid

7. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

They forgot the "secret superstar" Kentwan Balmer

8. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I like the site been a member there for a while.