Jets Reportedly Have A "Good" Offer For CB Darrelle Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SRW, Mar 11, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Darrelle Revis and the New York Jets continue to be at an impasse, but according to Pro Football Talk, the team has a "good" offer from an unknown team wanting to deal for the disgruntled cornerback. A league source, who dropped the news onto PFT, also mentions that they have good compensation package aimed at locking Revis up long-term. The report mentions that the financial side of the deal has not been put in front of the Revis camp.

Compensation in a trade has been rumored from 1st round to multiple mid-round picks, so what a "good" offer is, is kind of murky.

Source: SBNation.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Then pull the trigger...if its so "good..."

3. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

When did he become disgruntled? After the rumors started that they were going to trade him?

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he became disgruntled after his contract money went down. Started hinting about it. I feel he will never be happy unless he is constantly getting raises,

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Revis is a great corner, but a HUGE attention tramp! HUGE! Every off-season, he's got "something" going on that is a distraction of sorts. Nothing terrible, but he's always got something to "whine" about or "complain" about.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Revis wants a new contact every 1/4 of a season.

7. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Plus teams wont even know how well his knee is going to work for a while, and he is still (probably) asking for 30 billion dollars over 25 years. Sorry but for the money of one awesome shut down corner you could get 2 very good corners and a very good safety. I just dont think one man is worth that.

8. Buck Fenson

not at a position that is very easy to isolate. All the qb has to do is not throw it his way. Then you are paying him to do cardio.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

No you can't. Say Revis expects $15 mil, you can't get two very good corners in FA for $6 mil a year each and a very good safety for $3 mil a year. It just doesn't work like that.

10. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Hasn't met a contract he wouldn't hold out on.

11. Buck Fenson

For the price of Revis you could get a damn good corner and a good safety.

12. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Ya...I was thinking revis wants closer to 20. Still you can get a few solid players for what's he got in the past.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Regardless of what he can get, a team that would trade for him better have anew deal in place. Along with the baggage, he has a no-trade clause. Can refuse to do a deal and I believe he has a "No Franchise" clause in his contract. So unless you have a deal in place or are willing to give up to just rent for a year, could be a bad deal.

14. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

So was Deion. If hes that big of a distraction for the Jets a team who loves distractions then they need to move him for any offer they get.

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

He is not worth 20 mill,especially coming off an acl tear.i'm betting,rex wants to keep him.

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm really doubting this "good deal" about now.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Any deal would be good when you think about it.

Unloading a star player/rent-a-player with one year left on his deal, an astronomical salary, a no franchise clause, not to mention the "drama" type stories that follow him every off season...

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Good call.

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

from what i've read, the only team really interested is the Bucs so i can't imagine the offer is THAT great with only 1 team interested.