Vikings Sign Ex-Packers WR Greg Jennings To A 5-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Mar 15, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Former Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings reached an agreement on a five-year deal with the Minnesota Vikings, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Jennings, 29, finished with career lows in receptions (36), yards per catch (10.2) and total yards (366) after missing half of the season with a torn muscle in his groin.

He led Green Bay with six catches and a score in the Packers' 45-31 loss to San Francisco in an NFC divisional playoff game.

Jennings has been Aaron Rodgers' favorite target the past few years. Before his injury-marred 2012 season, he had caught 67 or more passes in each of the previous four seasons, and gone over 1,000 yards receiving in all but one of those years.

He's in the top 10 in Packers franchise history in catches (425, seventh), yards receiving (6,537, seventh) and touchdown catches (53, fifth).

Source: ESPN.com

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Guess he wasn't playing around lol

3. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I was hoping if he left Green Bay he'd get out of the division. No more Lambeau leaps for him.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Still find it kind of hard to believe that the Dolphins opted for Wallace over Jennings. Jennings is obviously a perfect fit for Miami's offense...

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Isn't Jennings older though? Maybe they wanted someone younger to pair with tannehill.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

29 to Wallace's 26. Not that big a difference.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Teams are scared of 30. Maybe Jennings is too close for their comfort. Obviously I have no idea. Just thinking it loud.

8. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

GB is going to regret not paying him.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Hartline and Jennings play the same position. They needed speed.

10. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

he wanted to play in a dome and it he was going for straight cash homey

this has to help ponder out

11. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Hope he didn't want to play in a dome too badly, because this season is the last at the dome and then there are 2 years at TCF Bank Stadium.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jennings over Hartline...

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Sucks he stay in the division....

14. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

My thoughts exactly.

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

the contract could be close to $10 mill per season. another hefty contract for a WR.

16. Mexikong

Mexikong Rookie

The contract was for 18 million guaranteed so my guess its really 2 years and the Vikings can part ways with Jennings.

17. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I guess he wanted the money more than he wanted a QB who'd ensure him even more future money...