Greg Jennings Says Brett Favre Helped With Vikings Deal

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Mar 18, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Many Green Bay Packers fans already were bitter about Greg Jennings signing with the Minnesota Vikings. This won't alleviate those feelings.

Jennings said Brett Favre, the former Packers and Vikings quarterback, helped him make the decision.

"Literally, as I got off the plane and (offensive coordinator Bill) Musgrave walked up to me, I'm on the phone with Brett," Jennings said on KFAN-AM, via Min.Scout.com. "I spoke with Brett two or three times throughout this process. He shot me straight. I knew if there was one person that would shoot straight and tell me exactly what I wanted to hear and things I possibly didn't want to hear, it would be Brett. He did that for me."

Jennings joined Favre, Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell as popular Packers to move on to the Vikings. Favre was an overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints away from taking the Vikings to their first Super Bowl since 1976.

Source: NFL.com

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

The head-to-heads should be more fun with this

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Brett still just trying to stick it to Green Bay any way possible lol.

4. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

This makes me wish that Favre had a better relationship with Rodgers.

5. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

lol nice

jennings got the money and dome he was looking for

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Now it's Jennings turn to coerce Favre into a return to Minnesota!!!

7. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

codatious, the Dome is coming down next year, though so its one season in there and 2 outdoors. Hopefully Jennings lasts 3 seasons so he gets to play in the new stadium.

Ward, I'm up for a Favre to Ponder arm/shoulder transplant.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Favre sitting on his tractor at home, wearing Wranglers >>> Ponder.