Wrestlemania 29

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by TheDuke, Jan 10, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

His storyline seems to be one of Vince's pet projects so I guess it's lucky him. I assume he will be jobbed out at WM though.

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

He'll lose at Mania but I feel a rematch at Extreme Rules since they've built him up as "one of the most dangerous men in WWE history." Which btw, is bullcrap.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Is Punk/Undertaker still rumored to be in the works?

4. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i think it is. the undertaker might return this monday considering it is old school raw. punk comes out saying he would beat everyone in the past then you hear the gong. perfect setup if u ask me.

5. Crowned

"The best in the world wants a shot at the streak" angle.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

punk said he doesent want to face undertaker because the ending is obvious with taker obviously winning.

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

But he'll do what his contract says to do. Taker will NEVER drop a match to Punk, ever. The only man that could end the streak is Super Cena and that won't happen for a while. A lot of the garbage at Mania is going to be forced. Like the rumored matches:
    Y2J vs. Mark Henry, what?
    Punk vs. Taker, NO reason.
    Sheamus vs. Barrett, why? DUMB.
    The WWE isn't even trying anymore.

8. SRW

I actually am intrigued with Jericho vs Henry if it happens. Jericho can have a good match with a broomstick and Henry has really been a beast since coming back. Sheamus vs Barrett is coming off as forced and Punk vs Taker might be fun but we all know how that's going to end. It's just a question of how many false finishes they have in the match.

9. bruudy

bruudy Rookie

Honestly, the match I'd look forward to most is Lesnar/HHH because HHH/Heyman segments are good and their last match was interesting. It'll be a street fight so it'd be interesting at least. The Sheamus/Orton, no thanks. -

10. SRW

Looks like Sheamus/Orton is off the books for Sheamus/Barrett and Orton/Ryback/Someone else and buddies vs the Shield.

11. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

old school raw tonight should shed some light on the under card matches at WM

is kane v bryan a given or does the breakup happen at WM in a tag match

12. Crowned

Taker will be on Raw tonight.

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

According to all the dirt sheets(take it for what it's worth) they say not a whole lot of build up for Mania will happen tonight and it'll be a revision of the old guys. So don't expect Taker/Punk to make any leeway tonight minus Taker showing up during Punk talking or some nonsense. Rock/HHH there tonight, no Brock. Expect the old, bald, fat man though(Undertaker).

14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Of all the set matches (and assumtive) on the card, only one match so far doesn't contain an Attitude relic (Jack Swagger vs Alberto Del Rio), only two full-timers in the three main event matches (Punk and Cena) and Ryback facing Mark Henry, another Attitude Era guy.

Call me dismissive, but this is embarrassing on WWE's behalf in their inability to produce draws in recent years and their staggering lack of faith in their talent.

15. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i like that you brought this up yo

im not saying i dont agree with this but another way to look at it is the wwe made slash employed some pretty big stars in the rock and brock lesnar a little over ten years ago

rock and brock arnt just wwe starts they are world wide known with the rocks movies and brocs ufc run

its payoff time for both the wwe company and for the part timers

in the last few years wwe did lose full time mainevent wreslters like taker hhh hbk y2j and edge just to name a few
    the gap betweeen mainevent full time wrestlers and the undercard really started to show when cena got hurt this fall

also i would say mark henrys run up to his world title run in 2010ish was forgettable now hes being booked well imo

16. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I'm still confused as how Jack Swagger is anything close to a WM Main Event. Two or three years ago he was running interference in Cole vs Lawler and beating up on Jim Ross. Now, he's main eventing the biggest ppv WWE has?

Lame. Sheamus vs Orton if Orton turned heel would be better. I like Orton, and like him better when he was Heel and punting everyone in the head. That was my favorite thing to watch happen.

Granted, I hardly watch anymore - with school, I really don't have the chance anyway.

17. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

WrestleMania 29 Updated Lineup

*WWE champion The Rock vs. John Cena.

*World champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger.

*CM Punk vs. The Undertaker.

*No Holds Barred, Triple H's Career on the line: Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H.

*WWE Tag Team champions Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E. Langston.

*The Shield vs. Big Show & Randy Orton & Sheamus.

*Mark Henry vs. Ryback.

18. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

The following is an updated match card for WrestleMania 29:

WWE Championship
    The Rock (c) vs. John Cena

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker

No Holds Barred
    Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
    *If Triple H loses, his career is over

World Heavyweight Championship
    Alberto del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger

Mark Henry vs. Ryback

The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Sheamus & Big Show

Intercontinental Championship
    Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

WWE Tag Team Championship
    Team Hell No (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston

19. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

The Triple H "career on the line" stipulation is complete crap. You mean a guy who hasn't wrestled since August is in a position where, if he loses, he won't wrestle again? They could have used ANY stipulation (I'd have preferred Submission Match, since that would have played into Brock's UFC time and give Trips a way to "avenge" his Summerslam loss) and they went with this one. What a crock.

20. SRW

Here's the final card for tonight:

WWE Title Match
    John Cena vs. The Rock

World Heavyweight Title Match
    Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio

WWE Tag Team Title Match
    Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan

No Holds Barred Match with Triple H's Career On The Line
    Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
    Shawn Michaels will be in Triple H's corner

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker

Sheamus, Big Show and Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

Fandango vs. Chris Jericho

Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi vs. Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and The Bella Twins

Pre-show WWE Intercontinental Title Match
    The Miz vs. Wade Barrett

So who's watching this today? Biggest day for the industry.