Rutgers Coach Mike Rice Berates Players At Practice

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Crowned, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVoOtpDuZwA]OTL: Rutgers' Rice Berates Players at Practice - YouTube[/ame]

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'd like to see him attempt that with NBA players.

3. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

wow what a jerk

4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Yeah he'll be fired. Next time you hear from him it'll start with " I profusely apologize for my behavior and language...." .

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Who could actually buy this guys apology? lol.

6. DaBears22

That would be..........................no one.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's lucky one of those players didn't lay him the heck out.

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He was suspended for this in December, but the video wasn't available then. Now he has to be fired, and the athletic director has to go with him. This is appalling.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, if the university could have kept this from going viral, he would have stayed but now they have no choice but to fire him

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree.

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

At football practice for my school i saw a coach whip a football at a players face and actually connect once i saw that i was like heck this and dident go back.It wasent the main coach it was a TE coach and thats what i was trying out for. Pretty sure the other coaches werent that bad we did produce a nose tackle for the redskins chris neild.

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

13. CaptainStubing

yep, he's been fired now. the university couldn't explain this one.

14. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

he deserved to be fired. and I think doesnt desrve to get another job in ncaa basketball. he is a disgrace to coaches

15. DaBears22

Fired? Not one bit surprising. What is surprising is that the university did not fire him long before this became public.

16. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

17. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

the AD is clueless

he didn't realize what the public reaction would be? How did he not act before this?

Rice is not only a bully with mental issues, he sucked as a coach at Rutgers.

44-51 record, 16-38 in conference play

18. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

His coaching days are done. How in the hell would ever be able to recruit ANYONE ever again after this tape lol

19. CaptainStubing

i'm sure i'm in the minority, as usual, but i'm actually torn on this issue.

on the one hand, i'm laughing at all of the people that are so 'shocked' something like this would happen. he's throwing basketballs at the kids....... c'mon, seriously, is this the worst thing anyone has ever done? and, for the most part, he was throwing them at their feet. big freaking deal. and as far as yelling and cussing at the players? every college coach in every sport cusses and yells at their players. keep in mind, many of these players are getting $100k worth of free education to play a sport. If they are not working hard at it, then they SHOULD be disciplined. It's technically their 'job' when they're getting 'paid' as they are.

on the other hand, the guy was stupid for even throwing something. he should have known that in 2012/2013, he would be fired for it once it went public. there are many other ways to get his message across that wouldn't offend so many people in this pussified world. so, he's an idiot and got himself fired so there's really no sympathy for the guy but the complete 'outrage' about this situation is making me laugh.