Brittney Griner Selected By Phoenix Mercury With No. 1 Overall Pick In WNBA Draft

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Sportsguy, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Brittney Griner left an indelible mark on women's college basketball. Now she's ready to take on the pros.

The Phoenix Mercury took Baylor's star center with the top pick in the WNBA draft Monday night. Despite knowing she was going first, the two-time AP Player of the Year admitted she was extremely nervous.

"It's a dream come true, I'm like a little kid in Disney World the first time meeting all the characters," Griner said. "Sitting at the table they said 15 seconds and my heart started beating so fast. I was grabbing the tablecloth underneath."

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013
  2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

That dudes gonna be a beast.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

When I hear her name all I still think of is when she punched that chick in the face and how she basically got a pbutt. If it was a dude he would have been crucified.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

mark cuban says he could probably play a little in the nba. i think he would probably get stuck in the developmental league.

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

That is absurd. Griner is a 6'8"center. That's a freak in the wnba. In the NBA, Kevin Durant is 6'8" and plays the 2/3. In the post griner would be shorter, and waaaaay weaker than anyone she plays against. she would get destroyed.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

can anyone take the wnba seriously? they play 34 games a season.

7. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

she is gonna be a beast in the WNBA

8. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

That woMAN is legit!!

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

She would get crammed on literally all the time she spent on the floor in the NBA. In the women's league she'll crush, but she'd be the crush-ee in the NBA.