Andy82's Annual Mentally Disabled Mock Draft 2013

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by andy82, Apr 24, 2013.

1. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Generally I do multiple mock drafts on here but with the sheer wackyness of player stock and other issues I've pretty much avoided making an butt out of myself draft wise until the last minute this year. As always, I avoid making hypothetical trades as it just adds even more unnecessary issues to proceedings. Anyway, enough jibber jabber, mock time!

1. Chiefs - OT Luke Joeckel - Texas A&M
    2. Jaguars - OT Eric Fisher - Central Michigan
    3. Raiders - DT Sharrif Floyd - Florida
    4. Eagles - DE Dion Jordan - Oregon
    5. Lions - DE Ezekiel Ansah - Brigham Young
    6. Browns - CB Dee Milliner - Alabama
    7. Cardinals - OT Lane Johnson - Oklahoma
    8. Bills - QB Matt Barkley - Southern California
    9. Jets - DE/LB Barkevious Mingo - Louisiana St.
    10. Titans - G Jonathan Cooper - North Carolina
    11. Chargers - OT DJ Fluker - Alabama
    12. Dolphins - CB Xavier Rhodes - Florida St.
    13. Jets - TE Tyler Eifert - Notre Dame
    14. Panthers - DT Sheldon Richardson - Missouri
    15. Saints - LB Jarvis Jones - Georgia
    16. Rams - WR Tavon Austin - West Virginia
    17. Steelers - S Kenny Vaccaro - Texas
    18. Cowboys - DT Star Lotulelei - Utah
    19. Giants - DE Bjoern Werner - Florida St.
    20. Bears - G Chance Warmack - Alabama
    21. Bengals - RB Eddie Lacy - Alabama
    22. Rams - S Eric Reid - Louisiana St.
    23. Vikings - LB Manti Te'o - Notre Dame
    24. Colts - DT Sylvester Williams - North Carolina
    25. Vikings - CB Desmond Trufant - Washington
    26. Packers - LB Damontre Moore - Texas A&M
    27. Texans - WR Cordarrelle Patterson - Tennessee
    28. Broncos - CB DJ Hayden - Houston
    29. Patriots - S John Cyprien - Florida International
    30. Falcons - DE Cornellius Carradine - Florida St.
    31. 49ers - S Matt Elam - Florida
    32. Ravens - LB Arthur Brown - Kansas St.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Passing on Star and Patterson for Vaccaro would be enough to make me quit watching football i think. That would be a horrible pick, id rather just reach for elam.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Andre Johnson and Patterson together? If I'm a Texans fan...imma loving that thought...

4. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

I don't think the Lions go DE at all. I think they go OT or Milliner

All the buzz about Buffalo taking a QB and I don't get why. They seem to like Barkley or Nassib and one of those guys, if not both, will be there come round 2. I don't see them taking a QB at #8 at all. Maybe they move back into the 1st round and do it but think about it....if no QB is off the board by #8 , who else wants a QB that would snag their guy?? Jets maybe?? But they like 2 guys so they will get one of them

And Rams should go Vaccaro first so nobody can scoop him up then go WR with their second pick. I think the Steelers, Cowboys, and BEngals want Vaccaro

5. K Train

Again, theres nothing suggesting vaccaro will be a steeler. Longhorns have really disappointed them lately and vaccaro is not mark barron, in fact hes the slowest safety to be projected in the first in like 60 years. Timed speed isnt everything, but they can get value later in shamarko, elam, or amerson

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's nothing other than some made up stories in the media connecting the Bills and Nassib.

7. K Train

nah i think nassib and barkley are their guys, just not at 8

8. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Swearinger > Elam

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I heard this morning that Patterson is not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. His Wunderlich test score was very low.

10. K Train

he scored an 11....just in perspective tavon austin scored a 7, chance warmack a 9, justin hunter 12.

Oh and Julio Jones and AJ Green have about the combined intelligence of an 8 year old....green was considered a safe pick by most but julio was a FAR cry from being a safe pick back then, theres a lot of hindsight when discussing julio jones and how he was viewed by a lot of people. Greens was a 10 i believe, statistically if you guess on all of them you can get around a 12

Guys like patrick peterson, mo claiborne, chris johnson, all scored historically low scores. Not only does it not translate to football, it doesnt take smart people to play sports....smart people in pro football is the minority

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Claiborne pretty much blew the test.off

Sent from my HTC Vivid

12. K Train

well guys like him, dez, and felix jones are all dummies...it doesnt matter though

13. FdMstng99

FdMstng99 Man of Steel

Like the pick for the Ravens of Arthur Brown, if not him I hope SS Jonathan Cyprien will be there.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Heard this morning that some national mock draft and Mike Fisher are saying that if he is there at 18, the Cowboys will take Star as their first round pick.

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So you feel Cooper is that much better than Warmack? Please let me know your thoughts on that. I am salivating at a chance of getting Warmack but I see where Cooper's mobility could be a plus in the Titans' system. Still though, Warmack has impressed me big time. Sometimes you just have to go with who's better and I think he is.

16. K Train

Warmack is a guard that will murder the opposing players and get a good push. He can play in any scheme but a power scheme is much better for him.

Cooper is a pouncey-like athlete...he'll be out running LBs and DEs during sprints in TC...he too can play in any system, but a zone fits him best.

Lions love cooper because they can run reggie bush down field behind him. Either way you are getting a guy that will probably be a pro bowler in a year. The titans just signed levitre to play one spot...the other spot could be either one of them with little or no drop off

17. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I don't think it's about Cooper better than Warmack as such, rather that Cooper provides far more versatility as both an athlete and an all round protector than Warmack would. Don't get me wrong, I love Warmack as a player and I know I'd love to have him on my Rams, but I don't see him being more than a power scheme RG in the NFL, not that it's a bad thing, just not the type that you take over what Jon Cooper brings to the table.