Cowboys Select San Diego St. TE Gavin Escobar (Rd.2, No.47)

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Apr 26, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 47th overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Cowboys select San Diego St. TE Gavin Escobar. There isn't a more natural pass-catcher at the position than Escobar. He has super-long arms and big hands, and he consistently plucks the ball away from his frame. He is a graceful athlete with a long stride, and his future is bright because of his ability to stretch the field and go up to get the ball. He has surprising quickness and can quickly separate from defensive backs as he gets out of his break. Escobar has deceptive ability to run away from defenders and is a very polished route runner, using his head and shoulders to sell fakes.

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

yay or nay?

the fanbois on blogging the boys are undecieded

3. Harryaxel

Harryaxel Rookie

This is bullcrap absolute bullcrap. Here comes #1 pick next year. Hell at this rate Jerry might trade that away.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Gavin who? Never heard of him. SMH.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Like the player hate the pick.

Pointless. You have Hannah who is essentially the same player. If you are looking to replace Witten in the future, see what Hannah has first instead of spending a top 50 pick on a TE

Sent from my HTC Vivid

6. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

This draft is a wash already. Theyy are just reaching for playersthat wont be here in a few years.

7. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

And even if Hannah isn't your replacement for Witten you still have a few years to worry about that. Really don't understand this pick at this point of the draft.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

9. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000164454/Cowboys-draft-Gavin-Escobar-No-47]Dallas Cowboys draft Gavin Escobar No. 47 overall in the 2013 NFL Draft - NFL Videos[/ame]

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

All they are doing is giving Romo no excuse to not earn his money...one elite pass catching TE, another potential one here, an elite all around WR, another who's borderline elite when healthy, now a legit speed guy to take the top off and open it up for the other FOUR. FOUR. This is now a team thats 4-5 passcatchers deep with a level of talent that many other teams aren't sniffing from their #1 option, let alone their freaking FIFTH. If Romo can't cut it with that then the writings gonna be on the wall.

11. Jihad Joe

Not to mention Harris who is a clutch slot guy

I'd love to see Austin play 4 games in a row though
    Sent from my HTC Vivid

12. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

I'm looking at this pick very somberly. If we didn't have Hanna, I wouldn't mind, but I really really really like Hanna and I don't want to see his playtime hurt by this at all (which it obviously will). I dunno. I just don't know.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

"Romo to Escobar" will make our offense sound like some 90's colombian drug cartel...

14. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Well if Escobar pans out we could trade one of the two. But would have rather seen some Dline youth or more Oline help. Plus another RB would have been nice. Not sold on Murray as our prime back. Just didnt look like an area we needed to address with a second. But what the hell do I know.

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

When will they address the DL? That's where I would have gone with the second pick.:icon_frown:

16. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

We better do something soon. I'm sick of this 8-8 crap. smh

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Who did you want?

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I'm not to worried about the dl we will be alright. We aren't running the same scheme. I was more worried about the safety position. And that was addressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

19. Jihad Joe

We signed Jakar Hamilton too, whom I really like

Kind of a Safety/CB hybrid, but could develope into a FS for us