Eagles Former Top Pick OG Danny Watkins In Danger Of Being Released?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, May 5, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

When the Eagles burned their first-round pick on Danny Watkins two Aprils ago, he was projected to slide in at right guard and stick there deep into the future.

After making 12 uneven starts as a rookie in 2011, Watkins was eventually benched last season and now looms as a potential cut, according to Vaughn Johnson of Philly.com.

With first-round pick Lane Johnson likely to start at right tackle across from bookend Jason Peters -- and Jason Kelce penciled in at center -- that leaves Watkins to battle Todd Herremans and Evan Mathis for snaps inside.

If Watkins doesn't make the cut, there's always Canada, as he hails from up north and was drafted in 2010 by the CFL's B.C. Lions, who still hold his rights.

A more logical landing spot, if he's sent packing, is the Kansas City Chiefs under Andy Reid, who drafted Watkins in Philly.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xDtufY3pkU]Lil' Wayne Fireman Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Great pick.

4. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Was he that big of a bust? Or is it just coaching?

5. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Ouch....is it just me or do guards have a lower failure rate then other positions?

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Larry Allen, Aaron Rodgers, he's following some pretty elite company. He'll be great as well.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Hes a freaking bum let him go

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

man i thought it was a dumb first round pick, but i definitely thought hed be a good, solid player even if his upside was severely limited

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

The only interesting thing about this is watching howie roseman totally deny any input on this pick when at the time he couldnt find enough cameras to brag about how he found this guy.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Screwin' terrible. I'd like to keep him around as a backup for one more year to see if maybe the new offense suits him better, but the coaches won't let him go unless he looks like crap in camp so I suppose that would be a good indicator.