Doug Whaley First Minority Hired As GM For Bills

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by Sweets, May 16, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Buffalo Bills didn't wait long to name their new general manager, three days after Buddy Nix "stepped away" from the position, the team announced Thursday that Doug Whaley was the new GM.

Whaley's hire ends a long streak this offseason for no minority hiring this offseason, the first 15 head coach and GM-level jobs were not filled by minority candidates. Whaley is African-American, starting his scouting career with the Pittsburgh Steelers, he moved to the Bills in 2010, where he has held titles as assistant general manager, director of pro personnel and director of player personnel.

Whaley will try to end years of instability with the Bills. The team tries a new defensive scheme almost every year, a new coach every three seasons and still is looking for a quarterback to replace Jim Kelly, it's hard to imagine Whaley didn't have a huge role in the Bills' 2013 NFL Draft because the organization surely knew this change was coming.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

Its about time.. now do yo thing brotha and win, win, win... :icon_cool:

3. BadThings78

BadThings78 Rookie

I sencond that motion. Consistancy in winning is all I ask for and that can't be too much..can it? :icon_confused:

4. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Why is he black first and good at football second? We're a long way from the 1960s.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Oh...thank God some team hired the "black guy." Hopefully now Roger can sleep at night knowing that there is finally equality in the league...

Buffalo really should get a bonus few million on top if their cap as a reward...

6. BadThings78

BadThings78 Rookie

As long as he brings success to this franchise I don't care if his skin is black, white or orange like the "tan mom."

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Roger Goodell cares if his skin is black. He doesn't care if the team is successful...