Jerry Jones Expects More From QB Tony Romo After Being Awarded Big Contract

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by DaBears22, May 27, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The owner of the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones, has newly invested $108 million of his own money in the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, Tony Romo.

And it sounds like he's really going to make him work for it.

Jones already said publicly back in April that he wanted Romo to put in some "Peyton Manning-type time on the job," this meaning he expects Romo to really geek out about football (and possibly host Saturday Night Live).

Basically it amounts to Romo being more involved in the game plan and play calling, and Jones reiterated that to NFL.com this week.

"When you give somebody $100 million, you would like to get every ounce of anything they can bring to the table to win a football game," Jones said. "He’s outstanding on offensive concepts and he’s got a vantage point very few people have. So anything he can bring fro the concept to the field is going to make us a better football team. I think it will."

Source: FoxSports.com

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
  2. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think he's got this backwards. Generally, a guy gives you everything he has and wins games so you give him $100 million. Not the other way around.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Who would have thought all it was gonna take was money...

5. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Blah Blah Blah....less Jerry Jones with a mike please.