Jets HC Rex Ryan Getting Fed Up By The Wide Receivers Dropping Passes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBears22, Jun 13, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan threatened the job security of the team's wide receivers on Thursday as they continue to drop passes during the team's minicamp.

"It has to get better. The fact that I've told everybody about it, is it putting pressure on them? Well, the NFL is a pressure game. You should catch the football," Ryan said, adding that there were even a pair of drops during the team's walk-through Wednesday.

"That's your job, and certainly we know we have to do a better job, but I expect it to happen immediately and it never happened yesterday, either," Ryan said. "We'll have to try to fix that one way or the other. If that's with other players, so be it. If that's guys stepping up and focusing and concentrating more on doing something that should be natural to them, that's a possibility also."

The pass-catchers had a rough day on Wednesday as Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley and even tight end Jeff Cumberland were among those who dropped passes. Hill, the team's second-round pick in the 2012 draft, has particularly struggled to keep his hands on passes, a problem that plagued him last season.

Ryan said the team stresses and teaches all the fundamentals of catching passes and couldn't single out one reason for the multitude of drops.

Source: ESPN

2. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

They should eat some of his candy stash n not wash their hands...maybe then the ball will stick to their hands.

...you know...cuz they will have sticky hands. Lol...no?
    Whatever...

...and I fade back to black.

3. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Haha..maybe they should find a QB that can actually throw down field and not look lost out on there