Russian President Vladimir Putin Disputes Robert Kraft's Claim He Stole Ring

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by DaBears22, Jun 16, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

President Vladimir Putin's spokesman denied accusations that the leader kept a Super Bowl ring that New England Patriots' owner Robert Kraft wanted back, Alla Eshchenko and Faith Karimi of CNN report.

Both sides agree that the ring, with its 124 diamonds, changed hands during Kraft's visit to St. Petersburg, Russia, in 2005.

"I took out the ring and showed it to (Putin). And he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,'" Kraft said, according to the New York Post. "I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."

Kraft made the comments at an awards gala Thursday night in New York.

A few days after the incident occurred, amid confusion as to whether the ring was a present or was kept by mistake, Kraft issued a statement that said it was a gift.

That's the way Putin sees it, the president's spokesman said Sunday.

"What Mr. Kraft is saying now is weird," Dmitry Peskov said. "I was standing 20 centimeters away from him and Mr. Putin and saw and heard how Mr. Kraft gave this ring as a gift."

Source: The Redzone

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
  2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

My favorite part of the article:

Kraft said when he demanded his ring back, the White House intervened and asked him to claim it was a gift to Putin to avoid souring relations with Russia, according to the Post. As a patriot, Kraft says, he played along.

Yeah let's not start a world war over a ring...lol

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

What's funnier?

A. This entire story
    B. The fact the Russian President is even acknowleging this bullcrap.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ronnie Reagan woulda went over the table at the guy to get the ring back...lol.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

What? Reagan was a cat.

6. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

7. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Looks like Kraft was so stunned, he didn't even mention it for 8 years.... :moe:

8. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Reagan just would have unleashed Bonzo on him.

[​IMG]

Woulda been Bedtime For Putin

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

This is just bizarre. Send Rodman in to settle it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

better yet,let's send one thief(rodman) to steal it from another!(prince vlad)
    Putin looks like a thug,so he more than likely stole it! lets hope he does not send a hitman to kill kraft like stalin sent hit men after john wayne!

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Far from it.when it came to terrorists and setting them straight outside of war,reagan would send in the military in a heartbeat! he blew khadaffi's house all to hell,sent troops into granada,beirut,and several other places and sat down to eat a bowl full or korn flakes after he did it! reagan let folks know if you hecked with our citizens and military,you would pay for it!

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think the definition of a cat is sending someone else to to the dirty work that you're too scared to do yourself.

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

you sound like a man of experience.:icon_cheesygrin:
    if that were the case,then every president,every general,ever sgt or military man in history would all be pussies because they ordered men into combat which is just flat out insane.if you are not prepared to send people into a situation that you are not man enough to go in yourself,you ain't jack crap anyway!

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Exactly my point? Reagan never went to war.

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he was in the army or navy in ww2,but you are right,he never saw combat,but very few presidents ever saw battlefield combat to the level Ike,jfk,johnson or george bush 41 did! presidents know they are sending people into combat who may not return home! i mean they do dumb things a lot,but they certainly know that!