Bills QB Kevin Kolb Doesn't Feel He's A Placeholder To EJ Manuel

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by SRW, Jul 3, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

When the Buffalo Bills drafted EJ Manuel, the expectation was that he would start in Week 1. Organized team activites and minicamp season slowly changed that perception. Now many believe that Kevin Kolb is at least on equal footing, even if Manuel clearly is the long-term answer.

"I don't buy what's being sold I guess," Kolb told the team's official website regarding his perceived spot as a placeholder. "I just listen to what (the coaches) tell me to do and roll on with it. I have a lot of confidence in my abilities and this offense and hopefully what I can do in it."

Kolb and Manuel both are starting from scratch learning new coach Doug Marrone's system, but Kolb should have an advantage as a veteran.

Source: NFL.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Of course he wouldn't be a place holder to Manuel. Lindell is the Kicker...duh...

3. SRW

I am still scratching my head over the EJ Manuel pick but Kevin, let's be real.

4. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

EJ SUCKS!

5. axmickl

axmickl Rookie

EJ benefitted last year from being on a pretty good Florida State team. A Good quarterback could have taken them much further. Remember, 11 of his teammates were drafted including him. That was a pretty good supporting cast.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Having experienced the Kolb era in AZ it's very easy to see Kev carrying a clipboard.....and carrying it like a seasoned vet. Shave the chin muff, Kev.

7. SRW

If I am a Bills fan, I can't feel to good about our future under center for a while.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Manuel might be the best QB coming out of the 2013 draft. Not that it says much...

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Completely agree. I was hoping that he would slip into the 2nd round and the Cards take him.

10. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

(Bills should have swallowed their pride with Fitzpatrick for one more year and wait for the QB heavy 2014 class) or just sign Kolb for a year, but what do I know?

11. SRW

They should have picked anyone but a QB with that pick. The talent difference between Manuel and the other mid-round QB's was minimal IMO.

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

I think manuel will be ok, if they needed to take a QB in round one he was the one to spend it on. And they did manage to trade down for him.

Im happy for bills fans that it wasnt nassib, the talks of him going in the first (or second, or third) was madness

13. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

With the quarterbacks coming out next year, I don't know why teams pissed away their picks this year