GridironFans.com Is Looking For NFL Blog Writers For Featured Weekly Columns!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Jun 15, 2013.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

You're more than welcome to do a version of winners and losers. It would be cool to see what you and Sl1m3y come up with...

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[MENTION=1955]AtlantaBlazer[/MENTION], we have the openings for the following featured columns:

NFL Top 10: No Confirmed Author Yet
    Overview: A top 10 list of the author's choosing.

NFL Draft Insider: No Confirmed Author Yet
    Overview: A look at potential prospects for the upcoming NFL draft.​

Would any of those interest you?

3. SRW

Just a head's up to all the writers that have signed up:

1. There is a new support forum in the staff section of the site for all of you. Visit this thread for more info: Welcome To The Contributor Roundtable Forum!

2. I am working on 'dolling' up the site to highlight the blog section. I have added a widget that shows the last five articles after the first post in every thread. I also edited the NFL Writer's Block section so there is a slideshow on the first page as well as a different look to the blog listings.

I am going to need category icons for the authors with featured columns. They will appear in the thread listings as well as next to the titles in their entries. The icons will be clickable and will take you to the article listings for that column. [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION] and others have offered to design icons and banners for the writers so feel free to visit this thread for more info: http://gridironfans.com/forums/graphics-showcase/225540-call-arms-any-all-graphic-artists-gif.html

4. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I've always wanted to be a sportswriter. Obviously I did not follow that dream. I remember when I was in high school (early 90's) I would write up team-by-team season previews on my computer. Nobody ever read them but damn I wish I still had those saved to read now, that would be pretty fun imo. :) I would go to bed thinking about each team. Those were the days. *sigh*

5. SRW

Hey [MENTION=1100]URL54MVP[/MENTION], if you ever get the itch to give it another shot, let us know!

6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Top 10 is fine.

7. SRW

Sounds good, I'll go setup the permissions for you [MENTION=1955]AtlantaBlazer[/MENTION]. Take a sec to check out the new forum for the Contributors group:

Looks like we are down to one spot left in our Featured Columns, here's the current lineup:

No Confirmed Author:

Author's Confirmed:
    NFL Top 10: [MENTION=1955]AtlantaBlazer[/MENTION]
    Overview: A top 10 list of the author's choosing.

NFL Weekend Primer: [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION]
    Overview: A look at the upcoming NFL games. Big games, key storylines and the top headlines heading into the week would also be recapped.

NCAA Preview: [MENTION=4302]JEMicklos[/MENTION]
    Overview: A look at the upcoming big NCAA games. Big games, key storylines and the top headlines heading into the week would also be recapped.

NFL Power Rankings: [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] and [MENTION=547]Fez[/MENTION]
    Overview: A two-man entry where each writer gives his take on the rankings they compile.

NFL's Winners & Losers [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION]
    Overview: A look at the past week's winners and losers around the NFL.

NFL Fact Or Fiction: [MENTION=968]RichLikeWh0a[/MENTION], [MENTION=4283]InsaneBoost[/MENTION], [MENTION=631]PSID412USM[/MENTION]
    Overview: A three man article. The 'host' will ask a series of fact or fiction questions. The bloggers will then answer fact or fiction, then explain why. ​

8. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

9. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Think it would cool to have a GridironFans podcast from members of the forums. Talk about the hottest topics and post of the past week. Could bring in more members. Just wish I knew how and had the time. Work gets in the way of everything.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think [MENTION=1390]K Train[/MENTION] was doing this right?

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Im in the works of getting something for august

12. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

i can't wait to get started on our column, provided it ever happens lol

13. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Didn't you get my questions? I PM them to you earlier

14. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

nope, no PMs.. lol

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

You guys could set up a thread to discuss it if that is easier...

16. SRW

We do have the Contributors forum which is private. Only the moderators and contributors have access.

17. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

ok so who's got what so far I'm late to the party here it seems lol

also I got an idea if no one has come up with it... no more then 5 people in this idea though

like Yahoo has there group picks, GIF can have 5 members do picks for each week, with a degree of a reason why they think the team will beat that team this week.

18. SRW

We have one more opening for the featured columns on the site:

No Confirmed Author:

Of course members who don't want to commit to a weekly column on the site can still post whenever they want in the Member Blog section. As far as collaborations go, I think it's a good way to get people involved, it won't feel like a chore for new bloggers. I think the members can take the blogs in so many different directions if they want, all we provide is the platform. So if you have a creative idea you want to try out then feel free to cook it up and post it whenever.

I suggest to you and any other members interested in blogging to test out all the features available to you when posting so you can find ways to 'trick' out your articles. Making your articles stand out from the rest of the pack will get you more views and comments. People will start to build an audience once they consistently 'deliver the goods' with each article. Also, people who have experience using WordPress will be happy to know that the new version of the site will be using WordPress on the backend. More on that soon.....

19. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

I'll be honest I'm not good at Draft blogs cause well I don't know to much about College players lol

20. SRW

No worries, like I said we have the member blog section too. Feel free to post a article in there whenever you feel so inclined.