K Mason Crosby's Job In Jeopardy After Shaky Performance During Packers Scrimmage

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by DaBears22, Aug 4, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

After a shaky performance at Family Night on Saturday at Lambeau Field, Green Bay Packers place-kicker Mason Crosby could be in danger of losing his job, Mike Vandermause of the Green Bay Press Gazette reports.

Crosby made just 3-of-8 field goals during the scrimmage in front of 63,047 fans, while the man gunning for his job, first-year kicker Giorgio Tavecchio, made 6-of-7.

It’s still early in training camp, but Crosby’s performance is giving the Packers serious concern.

“He’s definitely got to do better than that, because that’s not going to cut it,†said Packers coach Mike McCarthy.

Crosby, who is entering his seventh season, missed a 48-yard field goal attempt that bounced off the right upright early in the scrimmage, then came back to make a 40-yarder.

But the scrimmage ended with each kicker getting six tries from various distances, and Crosby made just 2-of-6 attempts, which drew some boos from the crowd.

“Just obviously disappointed with how I hit it,†said Crosby in the locker room after the scrimmage. “Obviously going to have some film to look at and evaluate.â€

Source: The Redzone

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Although Giorgio did better statistically IN PRACTICE, game time with the game/standings on the line can he do the same? Neil Rackers, when playing for the Cards, in training camp sometimes looked like a high schooler. But starting week one of the season for a few years he was absolute money....even had a Pro Bowl season. So training camp decisions, although a barometer, may not be the absolute measure of what all players can do when it really counts. Just another debatable opinion on my part.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

3 for 8 in FGs during a scrimmage? OUCH!

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He sucked the complete last season....

5. markaz

Just because I'm too lazy to look it up, what were his stats, olly?

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i hope he comes out of his funk but ya when its 4th and 10 or a 50 yard field goal it looks like rodgers will be taking the snaps

8. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

The Pack has to be feeling a hangover from last year's performance.

It looks like it's in his head now. Dead man walking...

[​IMG]

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

tbh, I wonder how he survived last season, w/o getting cutted by the team, or ripped apart by the fans.

10. markaz

Thanks, [MENTION=569]ollysj[/MENTION]. Meh....he better start aiming between those vertical yellow poles at the back of the endzone.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, THIS has more to do with him potentially losing his job than some scrimmage.

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Right, you only have to take a look at the seasons before. But if he can't mentally handle the pressure, he's no help for the team. We played alot 4th downs, instead of bringing Crosby in for the FG

13. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

I don't get him. He used to be money and now hes just a headcase.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]