Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Rips Bud Selig, Baseball Over Alex Rodriguez Saga

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, appearing on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Thursday, was passionate in his stance on Major League Baseball and its attempt to suspend New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez due to the Biogenesis scandal.

"Horrible," Cuban replied to Leno's question about Rodriguez's suspension. "I think it's disgraceful what Major League Baseball is trying to do to him. Look, it's not that he doesn't deserve to be suspended. He does. They have policies in place: A first-time offender is 50 games, and a second time is 100. [Two hundred and eleven games], that's personal."

Rodriguez was suspended for 211 games on Monday as a result of the investigation. However, he's been allowed to play pending his appeal, which could take months.

This isn't Cuban's first interaction with the world of Major League Baseball. In 2008, Cuban submitted a bid of $1.3 billion to buy the Chicago Cubs. In 2009, he was not selected to participate in the final bidding process. One year later, he pursued the purchase of the Texas Rangers. After placing bids upward of $600 million, he once again didn't win the rights to own a professional baseball team.

Source: ESPN Dallas\Fort Worth

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Re: Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Rips Bud Selig, Baseball Over Alex Rodriguez Sa

Cuban's 'smarter than the average bear' attitude aggravates me at times but not this time...

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Re: Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Rips Bud Selig, Baseball Over Alex Rodriguez Sa

Even with all the side show antics that go with Cuban, instill like the guy. And he's right about Selig...

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I agree with Cuban in this case. I usually dont like how hes always has an oppinnion on everything but here he is spot on

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Well I mean always having an opinion is just natural human nature, going out of your way to voice it can be kinda douchey, but in this case he just answered a question and he's right it's bullcrap that they want him gone for 211 games, that is just some personal vendetta.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

"It's never been proven that HGH helps a baseball player or a basketball player. It's just been so tainted that players shouldn't take it that it's become banned for no good reason."

Lolz