Packers Release Backup QB Graham Harrell

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Aug 24, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Packers have decided that Vince Young's talent is more valuable than Graham Harrell's experience in coach Mike McCarthy's system.

The team is releasing Harrell, a source informed of the move told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, meaning Vince Young likely has won the backup quarterback job in Green Bay.

Harrell can't say he failed to receive a fair opportunity. McCarthy gave the longtime backup one last chance to prove himself in Friday's 17-10 preseason loss to the Seattle Seahawks. After entering the game in the middle of the first quarter, Harrell failed to lead a single scoring drive in five series (four with the first-team offense).

Source: NFL.com

2. Badger

Badger Rookie

I like it. Harrell doesnt have it and isnt getting better. Young has all the tools but just needs more time to learn the Packers' system.
    Young looked great on that drive last night and he give the Packers' D a chance to practice against a read option QB.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

[​IMG]

Good luck with that... :icon_smile:

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Dream Team!!

5. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Harrell is pure garbage. I've been saying it the past two seasons and have been clamoring for his release. Especially with what he did last season in the saints game on the freaking 1 yard line. Give me a break kid. SEE YAH

6. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Not a bad backup. I still can't see Young as an every day guy but he's good enough to back up Rodgers.

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

if rodgers did go down, with young as the qb the offense would look a lot different. harrel was a pocket qb that couldnt get the job done. if rodgers goes down the whole teams hecked anyways,

8. SRW

Harrell looked awful the other night too. The end of the half was a total mess.

9. Badger

Badger Rookie

I actually think the Packers would be OK for a game or 2 with Young if Rodgers was out.
    Obviously, Young isnt at his best anymore but the Packers have so many offensive weapons that he doesnt need to be an elite QB for them to win. Just look at Flynn: he almost beat the Patriots when Rodgers was out with a concussion but since he left Green Bay, he hasnt done anything.

10. SRW

Young's mechanics and accuracy better have improved a WHOLE LOT. He is maddeningly inconsistent.

11. Badger

Badger Rookie

Have to seen Graham Harrell play? Young may be inconsistent but Harrell is just consistently bad.

12. SRW

Oh I agree, I think Harrell is CFL material at best. Problem is so is Vince Young.

13. Badger

Badger Rookie

I still see Young as an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

LMAO

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Vince Young is a punch line, not an upgrade.

16. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

No fear, they have Scott Tolzien now

17. Badger

Badger Rookie

:icon_rolleyes: I still think Young is better than Harrell. You'll notice Harrell isnt a Packer either.