Saints Going With QB Luke McCown As Backup

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

It appears as though Luke McCown has won the backup quarterback job for the New Orleans Saints.

The team released veteran Seneca Wallace on Monday, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The two were brought in to compete for the backup job behind Drew Brees after Chase Daniel left as a free agent. But the competition never really materialized.

Wallace missed a chunk of training camp with a groin injury and sat out the preseason opener, McCown shined while getting extended play in the first preseason game.

Source: ESPN

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he seemed to have a good grasp of the offense the first game. But still if Brees goes down we are screwed.

3. Phil

Phil Rookie

Normally, I would agree. But to me, McCown really looks like he knows what he's doing out there. He's no Brees, but I honestly think we'd be OK with him at the helm.
    Hopefully we will not have to find out.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I take back what I said about being screwed. He looked pretty damn good Sunday. He can manage the game for us for a few games.

5. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

The dynamic of the game changes to a degree without Brees. But Luke can manage the team. I don't think we'd be completely out of it with him, God forbid something happened to Drew.