Saints Trade For 49ers LB Parys Haralson

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Aug 26, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Outside linebacker Parys Haralson has been traded by the 49ers to the New Orleans Saints, according to multiple team sources.

Haralson bid farewell to his teammates in the locker room and declined to speak with reporters.

"He was a good mentor, taught me a lot and best of luck to him in New Orleans," Aldon Smith said.

It's was not immediately known what the 49ers got in return for the eighth-year veteran.

Haralson did not play last season because of a torn triceps tendon he sustained in the third exhibition. Smith replaced Haralson in the starting lineup last season at right outside linebacker, and Smith produced a franchise-record 19 ½ sacks.

Source: Mercury News

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Don't like it but that's the way it goes. Good luck in NO sir (just not against us)

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Great move by the Saints IMO.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I hope this doesn't come back and bite us in the ass, liked Parys a lot.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

This is why they'll be ok:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-IvI-cmcpA]Ultimate Corey Lemonier Highlights | HD - YouTube[/ame]

6. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

him and cam johnson have looked real solid

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

so I take it that he is a decent backer? I hope so. And we got him for a conditional 7th rounder. When I heard that I thought he was just another player but reading your posts he must have some talent. More than average.

8. Phil

Phil Rookie

I hate to see anyone get injured, but if what I hear is true about Parys Haralson is true, I really think we came out on top with this deal. We really needed some help on defense and I think this is definitely a step in the right direction.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Always solid, never terrible but never spectacular either. He's borderline starting talent at this point IMO...good enough to be an adequate starter if needed but definitely still at a level youd likely want to upgrade from.

10. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

His veteran status alone should provide leadership and help mentor the younger talent on the team, also.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well worth it and then some though, for a seventh.

EDIT: For the Saints, to be clear.

12. Phil

Phil Rookie

Keep in mind the guy he's replacing is a washed-up defensive lineman whose been converted to linebacker.

13. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

You guys will really like Parys. Really good in the run game especially

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

can he cover? Smith looked really lost in coverage.