Atlanta Braves - 2013 Edition

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Chipper10, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

[​IMG]
    Here we are just weeks away from opening day, and Spring Training well underway. The Braves are looking to build on a playoff run last season, that saw the end of icon Chipper Jones' career with a controversial "Infield Fly" call to end the season of the Braves and their fans in the one-game Wild Card.

Now, 2013 sees the new faces of the organization in Jason Heyward, BJ Upton, Justin Upton and Brian McCann look to take charge in the NL East and head deeper into the playoffs once October rolls around.

Let's hear it Braves Fans! THIS IS WHY WE CHOP!​

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

UP, UP, AND HEY!

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Braves are goons be good this yr

I can feel it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

Maybe the braves will have a few sellouts this year without the help of opposing fans ? :dunno:

5. Chipper10

Justin Upton been killing it in ST. They started out slow and are coming around. McCann won't be back til late April, early May. But, I'm excited about this team.

6. Chipper10

Great start last night. 3 homers? Freeman with 3-4 night and 3 RBI. Huddy looked a bit shaky, but its early.

7. Omen

J Upton hasn't skipped a beat dude is killing it

8. Chipper10

He is. And the team isn't even healthy or playing to full potential yet. Heyward is slumping. Uggla is..well..Uggla-ing it. McCann isn't back yet. BJ is still slow out the gate. Yet, 7-1? No complaints, because they are finding ways to win and the pitching has been very good so far.

9. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Px58TqhIU]Braves Complete Sweep Of Nationals - YouTube[/ame]

10. Omen

Had leave at the 4th , watching in the. tube inning today to o coach my sons team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

12. Omen

Braves getting done agian. After dropping the ball in Pitt.

I'm wondering what they've got planned for when McCann is back and healthy bc Gaddis is doing great

13. Chipper10

My guess is that Laird will be the odd man out. Despite his contract, Gattis has proven himself. And the Braves are strikeout prone and will have the slumps but as long as it isn't extended. 17-10 isn't a bad start at all. Definitely could be worse. We certainly wish the 12-1 start to the season could have continued further or start again, but that's just how baseball is. 162 games, you can't win 'em all.

14. Omen

Good weekend for the braves

Retire choppers number ans sweep the D Backs

15. Omen

Another great weekend of baseball for the Braves by sweeping the Cards.

next are the Rockys.

And we get Brandon Beachey back today.

16. Chipper10

Glad to see Beachy back, even after the rocky outing. Hope we didn't see Huddy in his last Braves game. Feel bad for him. Loving the production of the team, and even during struggles, keeping their head up. 11 games up? Cannot really compain.

17. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Only team with a comfortable position in the division standings, but they're still not relaxing with it, great sign.

18. Omen

Braves extend the lead in the NL and sweep the Phillies.

19. Chipper10

And injuries strike again.

20. Chipper10

Hello magic number of 18! 80 wins. 30 games left. Great to see.