Ex-NFL LB Brian Urlacher Says Bears Faked Injuries To Slow Down Offenses

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Sweets, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Chicago Bears cannot be too thrilled with former linebacker Brian Urlacher's debut as a talking head. On Tuesday Urlacher said on Fox Sports 1 that the Bears faked injuries to slow down the league's uptempo offenses according to an article by Patrick Finley in the Chicago Sun-Times.

""We had a guy who was the designated dive guy," according to Urlacher. Urlacher went on to describe how a Bears assistant would mimic a swimmer's diving motion from the sideline to initiate the ploy, which often came on long drives when the defense needed a breather. Urlacher wouldn't name the assistant, saying: "It wasn't coached, but it was part of our game plan."

Urlacher retired this summer after 13 stellar seasons as the Bears middle linebacker and was the centerpiece of the team's defense so he clearly knows what he is talking about. Of course faking injuries to slow down the offense is illegal but it is an act that has been suspected for years.

Source: The Redzone

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

we know they all do it. nothing surprising here.

3. Spiman2u

Spiman2u Chiefs fan no matter what

Does everybody want to be an actor in this world?

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I don't think anyone is naive enough to think that every NFL team doesn't do this.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

why is it after players retire they become jaded and talk crap? Move on with your life and be happy ya morons!!

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I bet you see more "injuries" from teams who play the Eagles this season, with their new, up tempo offense.

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If Urlacher thinks he's divulging some kind of intel, then it's funny and pathetic at the same time.

8. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

Remember the Giants did the same thing,but two guys went down instead of the one guy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Dammit Urlacher just shut up and enjoy retirement.

10. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV3K_ML2UsI&hd=1]New York Giants Players Faking Injury - YouTube[/ame]

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Redskins will probably do it Monday night if the eagles move them ball real good with the no huddle.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

13. ragman

Agreed. I'll be very curious to see if that's what they do.

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

you will see every team from the nfc east use it this year,not just the skins.

15. ragman

I think you'll see EVERY TEAM do it this year. Not just the Skins or just NFC East teams.

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

well if the offenses of all the teams that are gonna run the hurry up this year have like 3 straight 3 and outs,they are asking for miracles from their defenses,no matter who it is.

17. groenator

groenator Rookie

Urlacher is looking for more media attention from what I can see...:)

18. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

This just may be more proof of the effect of concussions cuz #54's gotta be concusses ed to sound this stupid...

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

haha. yep, some of them are downright hilarious. almost look like soccer players when they do it.

20. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

He signed up for an online course immediately after haning 'em up called "If I Can Be A Media tramp, So Can You", written by Donovan McNabb.