LB Junior Galette Says The Saints 'Want To Dominate The South'

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by DaBears22, Sep 3, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The New Orleans Saints have had the Atlanta Falcons' number in recent seasons, and as the two NFC South rivals are set to meet in Week 1, linebacker Junior Galette says his team's goal is to extend that domination to the rest of the division.

The Saints are 11-3 against the Falcons since the 2006 season, when quarterback Drew Brees joined the franchise, and had won four straight against Atlanta before losing at the Georgia Dome last November. The Saints host the Falcons on Sunday at the Superdome in the regular-season opener for both teams.

Galette, set to start at one of the outside linebacker spots in the Saints' 3-4 defense, said Monday he had "no idea" why the teams' rivalry has been "pretty one-sided."

"Maybe they're scared to come in the Dome. But we beat them at home, at their house, too," Galette told reporters, according to NOLA.com, which posted video of his comments. "I don't really know what it is. I just feel like we want to dominate the division. Our main focus after we dominate the division is to do everything else, wing the NFC. But our main focus is to dominate the division. Atlanta is one of the better teams in the division."

The Saints finished 7-9 last season, when coach Sean Payton served a season-long suspension for his role in the team's bounty system. New Orleans, however, has finished 13-3 in two of the past four seasons (2009 and '11).

Source: ESPN

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, if they can figure out how to play some defense, they will

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

what he said was true but he needs to STFU.

4. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Of course they want to dominate, lol. Who doesn't? But..defense looked a lot better Sunday. I was impressed, especially the goal line stand at the end.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, better tackling and better pressure on the qb were 2 key things i noticed.

6. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Definitely looked better. The pressure was certainly a good thing. And despite giving up a couple or more big plays, still..though one to Julio turned into a fumble and Saints ball, it was good to see.

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

we was getting pressure with our front four. Something we was not able to do previously. I think the additions we have on defense and the attacking scheme our defense will be a lot better this year. Only time will tell.