Saints WR Marques Colston Sets Team's All-Time Receptions Record

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Sep 8, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Saints wide receiver Marques Colston was having a quiet afternoon Week 1 against the Falcons until about five minutes into the second quarter, when he made a diving grab in the end zone on a 25-yard pass from quarterback Drew Brees and, in doing so, became the Saints' all-time leader in receptions with 533.

He added to that number over the next 2 1/2 quarters, finishing with five catches for 68 yards. He was second to running back Darren Sproles in both categories. Both players had six targets.

With Asante Samuel sidelined by injury, the Falcons leaned heavily on rookie cornerbacks Desmond Trufant and Robert Alford against the Saints' passing attack.

Source: CBS Sports

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Very well deserved. Guy stays out of trouble. He's very underrated. And he's money more times than not. Would love to see this guy spend his entire career in New Orleans.

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Congrats to Colston. Awesome to find gems like him in the 7th round!

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

glad to see him breaking records. great guy. just needs to be a little more fiery. But they don't call him the Quiet Storm for nothing.

5. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I think he should be just like he is. Catch the ball. And do what he does best. No attitude. No character issues. Just do your job.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

it is just I would love to see him make the pro bowl just once. I know it is not the same as back in the day but it is something to give him some recognition besides another Super Bowl ring. I heard that he is just too quiet to be considered.