Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, Mike McCarthy Get Into Heated ‘Discussion’ On Sideline

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Sep 23, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers threw multiple interceptions in a regular-season game for the first time since 2010. He also fell into a heated exchange with his coach during Green Bay's 34-30 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.

Rodgers and Mike McCarthy were seen jawing in the second quarter after a seven-play drive for the Packers fizzled out at the Cincinnati 1-yard line, leading to a Mason Crosby field goal.

Rodgers, visibly unhappy at missing the touchdown, dug into McCarthy on the sideline as defensive lineman B.J. Raji calmly placed an arm between the two.

"We're both passionate about the game, and competitive," Rodgers said after the loss. "We want to win very badly and, you know, I went over and talked to him after that. Just got on the same page. Needed to talk; we did, and we moved on."

Rodgers confirmed that play-calling was the issue, but said: "Yeah, I'm going to leave that between Mike and I."

"We're both competitive," Rodgers said. "I think we were both frustrated all day. We couldn't have a lot of success in the red zone, kicked way too many field goals and turned the ball over."

Source: NFL.com

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Oh no! Aaron Rodgers threw 2 picks in a game! The sky is falling!

3. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Rookie

This happens on the practice field, it happens in the lockerroom, on the sideline and on the field. There is no problem. Heated discussions help clear the air. They are a better team now.

4. Badger

Badger Rookie

Id say this story is much about nothing. Its just high competitive guys who hate to lose and had a disagreement. Rodgers was clearly highly frustrated yesterday but if you remember, after that little, "argument", the Pack did put up 30 unanswered on what many consider to be an elite defense.