Ray Lewis Questions Ravens' Leadership Following Jacoby Jones Incident

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, Sep 24, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

In the wake of Pro Bowl kick returner Jacoby Jones allegedly being struck in the head by a bottle on a party bus early Monday morning while celebrating the 34th birthday of offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie, retired inside linebacker Ray Lewis questioned the Ravens' leadership again, Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports.

For the second time this month in his new role as an ESPN analyst, the two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year said the Ravens have a leadership void following his retirement and the offseason departure of Ed Reed to the Houston Texans.

"We talk about the transition of losing so many guys, a guy like myself and Ed Reed and other guys that are based off leadership, I've said it earlier: 'Where would the leadership come from?'" Lewis said on ESPN in Oakland prior to the Denver Broncos' win over the Raiders. "Because the leadership being strong in the locker room and winning games, listen talent sometimes can win you games. But when you talk about what's going on off the field, that's the most important place where leadership steps up.

"When you think about the Baltimore Ravens and the transition that they went through, they're missing leadership right now. When you have an incident like that, the first thing a leader is going to do is find some way to dissolve everything that's going on and actually dissolve it before it comes to that type of head or even gets to that point. When you talk about the Baltimore Ravens they're going to have to refocus and find some quick leaders in that locker room very quickly."

Source: The Redzone

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Oh please he's done worse

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The pot calling the kettle black. Shut up, Ray.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

If there's anything to be learned from this, it's don't ever mess with a stripper named Sweet Pea.:icon_smile:

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

maybe he is just trying to make a name for himself off the field by saying this cause he knows it will get attention.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Give Urlacher a call, go golfing & both of you stay away from microphones, Ray...

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You mean to tell me you guys were actually able to make sense of that gibberish? Seriously, its like he just put a bunch of random words together with one coherent sentence in the middle...he's making Emmitt look like George Plimpton.

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

"They are missing leadership such as myself"

lol what a dumb piece of crap, talking about leadership for off the field incidents where leadership really matters.....ive never been like "zomg muderer" but that son of a snitch was there at the very least lol

Jacoby jones is allowed to be on a party bus, as least he wont get a dui...ray lewis is a freaking clown

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Apparently Ray has a monopoly on Ravens leadership

10. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

dat ego stroking

11. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Time to make a come back huh Ray?

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Without Ray Ray, there couldn't